AFHG Guest Information
African Heritage Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, May 17, 2014
1000 Morris Avenue, Union, NJ 07083
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Wilkins Theater will open to the public at 3:15 p.m. for guests on May 17th. Guests should be in their seats before 3:50 p.m. when the procession is scheduled to begin.
Wilkins Theater address is 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, New Jersey 07083.
Wilkins Theater is located in Union, New Jersey, just few blocks from Union Train Station it is easily accessible by NJ Transit Trains and Bus.
There will be parking available near Wilkins Theater on the Main campus. Way-ward signage will be displayed on the plasma screens and lawn signs across campus. TPA Section and the Vaughn-Eames parking lots would be nearest to the theater.
Please be courteous throughout the ceremony. There will no food or balloons permitted inside the theater. Turn off all your electronic devices. Also, please do not leave the theater until the ceremony is over. If your child is unable to sit still and quietly through the ceremony, we ask you to bring them to the lobby area. There will be monitors in the lobby for your viewing.
Please keep all aisles and stairways free of personal items and concessions. Blocking an aisle is a fire hazard, so please use caution when taking pictures.
Tips for a memorable and safe ceremony:
- Please plan accordingly and allow plenty of time to arrive at the venue no later than 2:45 pm.
- Please remember to wear your African Attire to the ceremony.
- Since part of the ceremony will include walking of stairs, we recommend that you wear comfortable flat to low heel shoes.
- Please follow the instructions of the A.F.H.G. volunteers and staff who will be wearing Committee Badges. They are there to make sure that the event proceeds in an orderly fashion.
- Never leave your belongings unattended.
- Please be courteous and turn off all electronic devices.
- Do not leave the theater until the ceremony is completed.
- No food, beverages, coolers, bottles or cans will be allowed inside Wilkins theater.
- Refrain from bringing balloons for your loved one into Wilkins Theater.