Degree Programs - Department of Chemistry/Physics
BS in Chemistry through the School of Natural Sciences
Currently Being Developed
Concentration in Environmental Chemistry
Future Graduate Program Plans for Fall 2012 Start
MS in Environmental Chemistry
All SELS Chemistry Graduates will have these Chemistry Outcomes:
1. An understanding of chemistry in the five major areas, inorganic, organic, biochemistry, analytical, and physical, as they pertain to environmental systems.
2. An understanding of environmental issues such as pollution, hazards, air quality, water quality, quality of life conditions, etc.
3. The ability to apply the knowledge they have accumulated to complex environmental issues on local, regional, national and global levels.
4. An understanding of instrumentation and how it pertains to environmental chemistry in the lab and in the field.
5. Knowledge of fundamental principles such as thermodynamics, kinetics, and equilibrium and how they pertain to the environment.
6. A consciousness of their surroundings and current environmental issues as well as being versed in past issues as well.
7. An ability to write scientifically for all audiences including the scientific field and lay people.