Home > Academics > Colleges and Schools > College of Natural, Applied & Health Sciences > School of Nursing > Post BSN School Nurse Program > Degree Requirements - PBSN
Degree Requirements - PBSN
CURRICULUM REQUIREMENTSPre admission
- Current NJ registered nurse (RN) license
- Professional liability insurance.
- Evidence of having passed a basic physical assessment course with practicum or applicant must receive a grade of “C” or better in NURS 3010.
PSY 3110 Life-Span Dev. Psych 3
EDUC 3000 Curriculum Evaluation and the Learner 3
HED 3533 Methods and Materials in Health Education in Elem & Secondary Schools 3
HED 3300 Community Mental Health 3
NURS 3020 Foundations in Transcultural Care 3
HED 4650 Community Health Counseling 3
ID 2042 Human Exceptionality 3
One of the following:
NURS 3200 Professional Nursing HP/Community 5
HED 3635 Introduction to Public Health 3
+All courses listed above must be completed before registering for school nursing courses.
SCHOOL NURSING CONCENTRATION*
NURS 5501 School Nursing I 3
NURS 5502 School Nursing II 3
NURS 5510 School Nursing Internship 3
HED 5500 Health Education Internship 3
• Completion of program requirements
• Maintain minimum GPA of 2.75
• Grade of “B” or better in School Nursing concentration
• CPR and AED (defibrillation) certification prior to internship (Nurs 5510/HED 5500).
*The courses in the school nursing concentration are graduate level and must be taken at Kean University unless transfer credit is approved by Program Coordinator. An approved petition is required for registration.
** These courses require a grade of “C” or better