The university requires that all full-time students have health insurance. Full-time students must either waive with proof of insurance or enroll and be responsible for the premium. The enrollment/waiver period is from June 1 to September 30 (December 1 to February 28 for Spring entry). Coverage extends from August 15 to the following August 14 and costs $1050 for undergraduate students and $1505 for graduate students. Please contact UnitedHealthCare for any questions about coverage at 1-800-505-4160 or for brochures at www.firststudent.com. Only full-time students are eligible to enroll. This insurance is through UnitedHealthCare and can be used outside of Kean University.
- If you have coverage, you must waive the insurance or pay the premium.
- If you receive the insurance, you must enroll online to print a card to use the plan effective 8/15. Failure to enroll online will result in a delay in getting your card and using your plan.
- If you drop to part-time status, you will lose your coverage.
- Waivers/Enrollment forms CANNOT be completed after the deadline.
Full-time Students who do not complete a waiver will be responsible for the premium.
UnitedHealthCare does not grant refunds.
In Order to Enroll or to Complete a Waiver, You Will Need the Following:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card, student ID number, and date of birth.
- Visit www.firststudent.com.
- Click Kean University under the “Find Your School” drop-down menu.
- Click the “Enroll” or “Waive” link and follow the directions.
- If your name is not recognized in the website, call Computer Services at 908-737-6000 and request that they forward your account information to the Partner Center website.
For Further Information:
Downs Hall, DN 126