Minor in Recreation Administration
University Requirements for Academic Minors
1. A minor shall consist of a minimum of 18 semester hours in a single academic discipline. Majors within that academic discipline may not minor in that discipline.
2. Content is to be prescribed by a department and may or may not include electives.
3. At least 6 semester hours shall be from upper division, 3000-4000 level courses.
4. No more than one-half of the credits for that minor may be transferred from another institution.
5. Departments will provide guidesheets for minor programs to students.
6. An academic minor is declared only when students apply for graduation. Declaration of Minor/Collateral forms may be obtained from the Office of the Registrar, first floor, Administration Bldg or from the academic department.
7. At the time of filing for graduation, the department must verify and sign off that all requirements for the minor are met. Verification of the completion of the minor must then be filed with the Registrar’s Office.
8. Minors/collaterals will be designated on the student’s transcript.
9. Only courses with a “C” (2.0) grade or better may be applied to the minor.