Reservation Procedure for Meetings/Events where participation is limited to Kean University
Step I: Contact appropriate department as identified in the Scheduling Guide
Step II: Complete Room Reservation & Public Safety Application at least 24 hours in advance of meeting/event
Step III: Secure confirmation when reservation application is submitted
Reservation Procedure for events involving a Speaker(s) or Performer(s)
Step I: Contact appropriate department as identified in the Scheduling Guide to check for room availability.
For events that involve external speakers/ performers, submit all completed forms to the Reservations Coordinator, who will submit forms to Events Board for their review and approval.
Step II: Complete a room reservation packet including:
- Room Reservation & Public Safety Application
- Kean University Security Agreement & attach a bio/press release and/or a listing of past engagements.
- Audio/Video Release Form
- Kean University Box Office Ticket Order Form (if applicable)
Step III: Pick-up confirmations from the appropriate office.
Step IV: Publicize Event
Groups/Organizations may begin to advertise an event involving the use of University facilities or grounds only after the University has confirmed the reservation in writing. Any group that advertises an event prior to formal confirmation will be subject to the loss of scheduling privileges, and cancellation of the advertised program. The sponsoring organization is responsible for explaining this regulation to any speakers or performers and/or their representatives. All groups/organizations/ individuals must abide by the Kean University Posting Policy.
Campus Media Services
- The Tower requires at least one week notice. Articles/promotional information for submission must be submitted by noon on Fridays.
- The Cougar's Byte requires at least one week notice. They can be contacted at (908) 737-5179.
- Flyers and posters displayed on University bulletin boards must be approved by the Center for Leadership and Service;
- All external advertising and promotional media information relating to the use of University facilities or grounds must be reviewed for accuracy and approved by the Office of University Relations at least one week prior to the event. External media may, in some cases, require three weeks.
Step V: Other Services
- Food Services
- All food catering must be handled by the Kean University's authorized food vendor (908) 737-5160. If an organization has a special meal request and desires to use a different caterer, special permission and a waiver must be obtained by the manager of food services. Waivers must be signed at least two weeks in advance. Food requisitions should be submitted as early as possible. It is advisable to submit requests for events two weeks in advance. Failure to follow this policy will result in cancellation of the program.
- Audio Visual Technology
- Faculty and staff must contact the Audio Visual Technology for audio/visual requirements. Requests should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event.