Student Group Leadership Conference 2012
The Student Group Leadership Conference was designed to provide all student group leaders (presidents, vice presidents, treasurers, secretaries, public relations directors and new member educations) from all student organizations (funded groups, Greek letter organizations, non-funded groups and student governments) with a comprehensive training program to prepare them for their roles during the upcoming academic year. By having all of the student group leaders together, the Student Group Leadership Conference became the ideal arena to promote the core values of Kean University’s student organizations which include, but are not limited to, collaboration, inclusion, common purpose, ethical decision-making, university pride, knowledge of their organizational mission and purpose and the ability to produce goal-orientated, innovative and cost-effective programming for the Kean University student community.
The goals for the program were to:
- To provide newly elected student leaders with a common comprehensive foundation of leadership training;
- To provide an opportunity for student leaders to engage with other student leaders, staff and faculty in a cohesive learning environment;
- To provide an opportunity for student leaders to learn critical skills as leaders and advocates for their organizations;
- To give student leaders the tools to build, strong, responsible, goal-focused organizations;
- To show leaders how to lead an organization with insight, effectiveness and integrity.
The ultimate goal of the Student Group Leadership Conference is to provide student group leaders with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully lead and strengthen both their organizations and memberships for the betterment of the Kean University student community.
Conference Date Assignments
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Group A: May 23
Group B: May 24
Kean Ocean Student Groups:
Please contact Leah Savia, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Group Not Listed?
If your organization is not listed, your organization is not currently recognized for the Fall 2012 semester. Please contact the Center for Leadership and Service at email@example.com.
Call For Programs
The 2012 Student Group Leadership Conference Planning Committee is looking for student leaders to assist in presenting workshops at this year's Student Group Leadership Conference.
Do you feel you are an exceptional student group leader and want to share your methods and secrets? Presenting workshops and training other students is a great way to establish your legacy and leave your mark at Kean University by preparing Kean University's emerging and established leaders.
If you are interested, please submit your program/workshop proposal by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, May 2, 2012.
GUIDELINES AND REMINDERS:
- The 2012 Student Group Leadership Conference is required for all funded group, Greek letter organization, non-funded group and student government executive board members (approximately 300 student leaders). Each workshop may have approximately 15-35 attendees.
- The 2012 Student Group Leadership Conference will be held on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 (GROUP A) and Thursday, May 24, 2012 (GROUP B). All prospective facilitator must be available both days to present to both groups.
- Workshop blocks are scheduled for 40 minutes, but each facilitator should prepare a presentation for 30-35 minutes.
- Conference rooms will be equipped with laptops and projectors. Various multimedia equipment is also available.
- The primary goal of the Student Group Leadership Conference is to provide student group leaders with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully lead and strengthen both their organizations and memberships for the betterment of the Kean University student community.
To submit your workshop proposal, please complete the Cougar Link Student Group Leadership Conference 2012 Call for Programs Form by clicking here or by visiting https://kean.collegiatelink.net/organization/cls/availableforms. You must login with your KeanGOOGLE username (without the “@kean.edu”) and password to access and submit the online form.
Student presenters will be eligible to earn Co-Curricular Transcript credit and will receive a gift.
Center for Leadership and Service
University Center, room 219