Student Group Leadership Conference 2013
The Student Group Leadership Conference was designed to provide all student group leaders (presidents, vice presidents, treasurers, secretaries, public relations directors and new member educations) from all student organizations (funded groups, Greek letter organizations, non-funded groups and student governments) with a comprehensive training program to prepare them for their roles during the upcoming academic year. By having all of the student group leaders together, the Student Group Leadership Conference became the ideal arena to promote the core values of Kean University’s student organizations which include, but are not limited to, collaboration, inclusion, common purpose, ethical decision-making, university pride, knowledge of their organizational mission and purpose and the ability to produce goal-orientated, innovative and cost-effective programming for the Kean University student community.
The goals for the program were to:
- To provide newly elected student leaders with a common comprehensive foundation of leadership training;
- To provide an opportunity for student leaders to engage with other student leaders, staff and faculty in a cohesive learning environment;
- To provide an opportunity for student leaders to learn critical skills as leaders and advocates for their organizations;
- To give student leaders the tools to build, strong, responsible, goal-focused organizations;
- To show leaders how to lead an organization with insight, effectiveness and integrity.
The ultimate goal of the Student Group Leadership Conference is to provide student group leaders with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully lead and strengthen both their organizations and memberships for the betterment of the Kean University student community.
Group A: May 29, 2013
Group B: May 30, 2013
Group C: June 11, 2013 - Kean Ocean
Registration for the 2013 Student Group Leadership Conference is now open! The conference is required for all presidents, vice presidents, treasurers, secretaries, public relations directors and new member educators of all non-funded, funded, governmental and Greek letter organizations. Student group leaders are only required to attend one day of the conference (or the equivalent number of student group workshops throughout multiple days).
- Group A: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - Main Campus
- Group B: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - Main Campus
- Group C: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - Kean Ocean
Failure to attend and participate in the 2013 Student Group Leadership Conference may jeopardize your student group's recognition status for the Fall 2013 semester.
Center for Leadership and Service
University Center, room 219
- > About the Center for Leadership and Service
- > Clubs & Organizations
- > Co-Curricular Transcripts
- > Community & Volunteer Services
- > The Cougar's Byte
- > Greek Life
- > Leadership Programs
- > Cougar Link
- > Forms and Policies
- > Kean Ocean Campus Life
- > Find Us on Facebook!
- > T2K Bronze Leadership Program
- > Silver Leadership Program
- > Gold Leadership Program
- > Platinum Leadership Program
- > Student Group Leadership Conference 2010
- > Student Group Leadership Conference 2011
- > Student Group Leadership Conference 2012