If you're not redirected immediately, clickhere.
The Center for International Studies coordinates Kean’s Study Abroad program. Studying Abroad allows students to grow intellectually, develop intercultural skills, and learn or develop foreign language skills. All courses are applied to degree requirements and most financial aid can be applied towards program costs.
To study abroad, you must meet the minimum GPA requirement in the semester prior to your intended stay abroad. In general, students must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of the program application deadline. You must also be of at least sophomore standing to participate in the study abroad experience. However, check with individual programs for any other requirements.
Most students need some form of financial aid to study abroad. Your campus Financial Aid Office will consider you as eligible when you study abroad through any of the programs offered by Kean University. Your study abroad coordinator will cooperate with you and with the office of Financial Aid in determining your study abroad budget.
For additional information on Scholarships, Private Loans, Scholarship Search Engines and alternate ways in which to finance your Study Abroad Program please review our Financial Resources page.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in studying abroad please visit the Center for International Studies during walk in hours or make an appointment by email. You may also fill out our online interest sheet.
- Checklist (Please provide completed checklist with all documents below)
- Study Abroad Application Part I
- Study Abroad Application Part II
- Personal Statement (250-500 words outlining your motivation for applying to a study abroad program)
- Official Transcripts
- Application Fee ($200.00 made payable to KEAN UNIVERSITY)
- Host School Requirements (If your host institution is affiliated with AIFS, CEA, CCIS, or ISA, you will need to fill out the appropriate forms.)
- Three Reference Forms: (2 from Faculty and 1 Personal)
- Financial Aid Packet
- Request for Course Work at Another Institution (Form available in the Registrar's Office Adm. Bldg.1 st fl. or in CAS 1st floor)
- Credit Card Payment Form PDF (use this form ONLY if you're paying by credit card)
- International Student Identity Card at MYISIC
Study Abroad Deadlines