Teaching Performance Center (under construction)
The mission of the Teaching Performance Center of Kean University is to facilitate systematic and ongoing communication between teacher preparation programs and the partnership schools/agencies in which pre-service educators are placed. The purposes of the TPC are to:
- Communicate within the university and to the larger community the centrality of field experience to the preparation of effective teachers.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with P-12 schools and agencies, which enhance teacher preparation.
- Provide students opportunities to meet and/or exceed the requirements of field experiences through diverse, high quality, clinical placements and the supportive teamwork of the student teacher, cooperating teacher and university supervisor.
- Provide professional development opportunities to educational partners of Kean University including cooperating teachers.
- Record and manage data for the assessment of student eligibility and progress throughout field experience sequences.
- Integrate the use of technology in all processes and procedures of field placement for the benefit of students, faculty and P-12 schools and agencies.
- Implement NCATE Standard 3 Field Experiences and Clinical Practice.
Teaching Performance Center
Hennings Hall, Room 215
- > TPC Staff
- > FAQ's
- > Resources & Links
- > Advisory Committee
- > Professional Development Schools
- > Field Experience Policies
- > Teacher Work Sample Portfolio
- > Supplemental Program Assessments
- > Job Postings
- > Contact Us
- > Online Assessment Submission
- > Handbooks
- > For Students
- > For Supervisors/ Instructors
- > Calendar
- > For Cooperating Teachers
- > Upcoming Events