The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree program in Biology at Kean University has several related goals that are aligned with the University's mission.
As one of the major science programs within a highly diverse university, the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree program in Biology strives to provide students with a broad and challenging curriculum in the biological sciences which would prepare them for a broad spectrum of careers in the life sciences.
The program offers an integrated curriculum of scientific concepts and principles as well as modern technological laboratory skills. The curriculum is designed to provide a strong foundation in classical and modern biology, and to prepare students to be lifelong learners ready to meet the challenges of an ever-changing global society.
The program provides an outstanding preparation for students interested in elementary or secondary school teaching, in life science positions in industry or government, or for graduate studies in biology. The program also provides sample opportunities for significant research experience to interested and qualified undergraduates.
In addition, students in this major are prepared to pursue the graduate degrees in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Podiatric Medicine and Physician Assistant programs through articulation agreements with other institutions.
- B.A. in Biology / General Option
- B.A. in Biology / Honors Option
- B.A. in Biology / Dual Certification for Teacher of Students with Disability and K-12 Biology
- B.A. in Biology / Teacher Certification, K-12 Biology
- B.S. in Medical Technology / General Option
- B.S. in Medical Technology / Cytotech Option
- B.S. in Medical Technology / Histotech Option
- B.S. in Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology Option
- B.A. in Biology / BA Physician Assistant Track
- B.S. in Biology / Health Professions Track
For a complete list of course descriptions and degree requirements, click here.