The Biological Sciences Program offers a B.A. degree with three options, and a B.S. Biology Degree with a Cell & Molecular Option. A Minor in Biology is also available. The B.A. Biology Major must obtain a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) to be admitted into the Major and to graduate. The B.S. Biology option has a 3.0 GPA requirement.
The B.A. options are traditional liberal arts degrees that prepare students for teaching in elementary or secondary schools and for life science positions in industry or government. Additionally, there are B.A. tracks leading to graduate study in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and as a Physician Assistant.
The B.S. Biology Cell & Molecular option is a degree program in the biological sciences focused on students looking to pursue advanced graduate or professional degrees within the areas of biotechnology, molecular biology, biomedical research, microbiology, medicine, etc. The choice of whether to pursue a B.A. or B.S. in Biology should be done in consultation with a faculty advisor.
Kean University maintains articulation agreements with Rutgers University and the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. The former allows Kean students in the appropriate B.A. tracks to apply at Rutgers University (formerly UMDNJ) for admission to the Doctor of Physical Therapy or for the Master of Science Physician Assistant programs. B.A. biology majors who are interested in Podiatric Medicine may apply to the NY College of Podiatric Medicine for the Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine degree program.
- B.A. in Biology / General Option
- B.A. in Biology / Honors Option
- B.A. in Biology / Dual Certification for Teacher of Students with Disability and K-12 Biology
- B.A. in Biology / Teacher Certification, K-12 Biology
- B.S. in Medical Technology / General Option
- B.S. in Medical Technology / Cytotech Option
- B.S. in Medical Technology / Histotech Option
- B.S. in Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology Option
- B.A. in Biology / BA Physician Assistant Track
- B.S. in Biology / Health Professions Track
For a complete list of course descriptions and degree requirements, click here.