New Jersey Center for Science, Technology & Mathematics
- Kean University Open House: Sunday, May 1, 2016. Come see what we're about at the NJ Center for Science, Technology & Mathematics.
- Summer and Fall 2016 RFI course enrollment has begun. Register now for the RFI.
- STEM Research Day - May 5, 2016 from 11 am to 4 pm in the STEM Building Lobby & auditorium for student research presentations and posters.
- NJ First Pitch for Regional Tech Companies will be held at NJCSTM on May 5, 2016 from 6 - 9 pm in the STEM 6th Floor Conference Center - the event is sponsored in part by the Institute for Life Science Entrepreneurship (ILSE). All are welcome to attend (go to the www.ilsebio.com website for registration details).
- Coming Fall 2016: The CAVE 3D Visualization Center Student Project Competition - look for more information on our website in April.
- Congratulations and best wishes to Shruti Nadkarni, Kean University 2016 valedictorian from NJCSTM.
- Kean University cited as one of top 100 US schools for STEM Jobs
- NJCSTM celebrates 10 yr anniversary with alumni
The New Jersey Center for Science, Technology & Mathematics (NJCSTM) offers a vibrant teaching and research environment dedicated to preparing a new generation of innovators for careers as professional scientists, physicians and educators. At NCJSTM we combine science and research in an innovative honors curriculum that strives to instill the critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to succeed in today’s scientifically and technologically advanced world. Through our Research First Initiative (RFI), we are transforming the way that science and mathematics are taught by enabling students to join faculty-sponsored research teams and learn through actual laboratory experience. With outstanding academic degree options, engaged faculty and exceptional student support services, NJCSTM provides a rich and supportive learning environment that has achieved unparalleled success in graduation rates and career placement. NJCSTM offers both B.S. and combined B.S./M.S. honors degree programs in science, engineering and education. NJCSTM graduates have been selected as Kean University Valedictorians 4 times in the last 7 years.
Imagine, Explore & Discover. Take advantage of the numerous opportunities to experience undergraduate research at NJCSTM.
NJCSTM is housed in a striking, state-of-the-art 133,000 sq. ft. educational facility, with teaching and research laboratories, classrooms, a 320 seat auditorium for workshops, lectures, conferences and other major events, and a 630 person atrium for meeting exhibits, break-out and poster sessions, and social education events.
Modern classroom space includes 25,000 sq. ft. of flex lab teaching space and prep rooms, along with 5 classrooms. Teaching laboratories include 20,000 sq. ft. of fully functioning and equipped laboratories for chemistry, mathematics, computational science, molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, cell culture and physics.
Faculty research laboratories include 20,000 sq. ft. of wet and computational research labs with lab support and equipment rooms for core chemistry, molecular and cellular biology equipment including NMR, mass spectrometry, HPLCs, DNA sequencing, cell sorting, microscopy, and super-computer facilities.
NJCSTM is home to the only 3D Virtual Reality Computer Assisted Visual Enhancement (CAVE) system in the greater NY-NJ metropolitan area. The CAVE system is capable of displaying images and data for both research and teaching purposes. Students working on CAVE projects put to use computer programming skills learned in class and adapt gaming theory and data analysis applications to scientific problems.