English Immersion Program Application
Application Information and Program Eligibility
In order to be considered for the Kean U.S.A. English Immersion program, you must be enrolled at an accredited university outside of the United States.
- Complete all the required fields in the application. If at any time you want to leave the application and return later, simply click the Save button at the bottom of the page and logout. Log back in to complete the application at apply.kean.edu.
- Email is the official means of communication for Kean U.S.A. so please be sure it is entered accurately and you check it frequently.
- There is no application fee! Upon submission and when your application is processed, you will be sent a confirmation email confirming receipt of your application.
- Several items must be uploaded to the application in order to be considered:
- Copy of your passport: Please make a copy of the pages of your passport that include your picture and citizenship information. This can be uploaded on this page of the supplemental items section.
- English Immersion Nomination Form: The form can be downloaded here. This form needs to be completed and signed by an authorized official at your home institution. Once it is completed, please upload it at the supplemental items section.
- After your application is processed, you will receive an email with instructions on how to make payment of the tuition and fees. No enrollment letter or immigration documents can be sent without full payment of the program costs.
- Upon payment, an enrollment letter and Form I-20 will be issued which will enable you to apply for a visa at the U.S. Embassy in your home country. Please be advised that it can take several weeks to get an appointment at the embassy. It is important to make payment as soon as possible to ensure there is no delay in obtaining your visa.
- If you signed up for any of the optional cultural excursions at the time of submitting your application, you will be required to submit a deposit to hold your seat for each of the trips. You will receive an email indicating your balance.
Upon confirmation of payment, your official Kean U.S.A. Enrollment Letter and Form DS 2019 will be sent via express mail to your home address. Please note that it can take 7-10 business days for you to receive the official documents from Kean University. Upon receipt, you must contact the US Embassy to schedule an appointment for your application for a visa.
Important information on Visas:
To participate in the Kean U.S.A. English Immersion Program, you must apply for a J-1 Exchange Visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country. Upon receiving payment for the program, Kean University will send you your enrollment letter, along with Form DS 2019 which will enable you to apply for your visa. Please note that during peak periods, it can take up to four weeks to get an appointment at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Please be prompt with setting up your appointment, as a delay in processing or obtaining your visa can result in your inability to participate in this program. Please note that you are responsible for the visa processing fee.
Questions or Concerns?
If at any time you have any questions or concerns about the application or admission process for the Kean U.S.A. English Immersion program, please email us at email@example.com
To view the Immersion Application User Instructions, please click here.
To start a new application, please click here.
To view a submitted application, finish a started application, or upload supplemental documents, please click here.