Page Header

Getting Started

Page Sub Header

Veteran Student Services

Getting Started

Home > Office Search > Center for Academic Success > Veterans Student Services > Getting Started

For a Veteran interested in applying to Kean University, you must be aware of the admissions process:

  • You need to apply for admission either online or by mail.
  • You must submit your Joint Services Transcript (JST):

Many veterans or active duty military members may be eligible to receive transfer credits though their military experience and previously earned college credits. Submit your official AARTS (The Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System), SMART (Sailor/Marine/ACE Registry Transcript), CCAF (The Community College of the Air Force), Coast Guard Institute, and CLEP Examinations.

Kean University
Veterans Student Services CAS 208
1000 Morris Ave
Union, NJ 07083

  • At the same time, you need to provide all Veteran Documents and New Veteran Students Package to the Veteran Services Office.

Step 1: Application Process
Apply online. For more information, please visit:

Freshmen & Post-Baccalaureate Certification:
Transfer Admission:
Graduate Admission:

Step 2: Submit Veteran Documents to Kean University Veteran Student Services Office

a.   All students MUST submit form DD214

b.   All students MUST submit the Veteran Student Information form

c.   Transfer students:

  • Chapter 30, 32, 33, 1606, 1607 must submit Application 22-1995 (Change of Program or Place of training)
  • Chapter 35 must submit Form 22-5495

d.   National Guard:

  • Chapter 30, 32, 33, 1606, 1607 must submit Application 22-1995 (Change of Program or Place of training)
  • Chapter 35 must submit Form 22-5495

e.   Chapter 30, 32, 33, 1606, 1607 must submit form 22-1990
f.   Chapter 31 must submit form 28-1900
g.   Chapter 35 dependents: Must apply 22-5490 and submit a copy


Step 3: Receive Admission Decision
Veteran students who are offered admission to Kean University will receive a letter from

  • Admission Office if they are Freshman Student
  • Center of Academic Success if they are Transfer Student
  • OR Graduate Students Office if they are Graduate Student

** In order to be certified in VA-ONCE, you must submit ALL the necessary documents.

Step 4: Register for Classes and Attend Orientations

  • Students will receive an invitation from their respective Admission Office regarding the time and date as to when and where you can register for classes. Registrations may be done online using your Kean-Wise username and password.
  • Once you come to the campus, you need to stop by the Office of Veteran Student Services located in CAS Room 208 to verify that all your documents are in order.
  • You must come to the Kean’s VA office to bring your current registration each semester; spring, fall, winter and summer session.

Additional information:

If seeking on-campus housing, you must contact the Office of Residence Life to apply. You must return the housing application and the $125 housing application fee directly to the Office of Residence Life.
The housing application fee must be in form of a check or money order. For more information about on campus housing please visit call 908-737-6800 or fax 908-737-6812

Inner Page Footer