- Chapter 1607 benefits are for active members of the Selected Reserves who have served 90 days or more after being ordered to active duty to respond to war or a National Emergency declared by the President or Congress.
- They must be enlisted after June 30, 1985 and must have a 6-year obligation.
Benefit Payments for Chapter 1607
- A monthly stipend based on rate of pursuit (full-time, ¾ time, ½ time, less than ½ time) will be provided for a 36 month period with no extensions.
Please visit the link for individual rates:
More information can be found at:
Length of Chapter 1607 Eligibility
The entitlement to receive benefits under Chapter 1607 will last 10 years from the date of separation after completing the service conduct under any discharge that was not dishonorable. If separated for a disability, the period will last 10 years after the eligibility date.
How to Get Certified for Chapter 1607
We will require the following documents:
- VA Form 22-1990 (if student has never used/applied for benefit before)
- VA Form 22-1995 (if student has used benefit before, transferring from another institution)
- DD214 (member 4 copy)
Please notice the following information:
- Students must apply for VA benefits. As soon as you receive your approval, submit all required documents to the Kean University Office of Veteran’s Services on the second floor of the CAS building room 208.
- Every semester, you must visit the VA office for in-person enrollment.