Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitations Services is a benefit provide to a Military through an evaluation with a Vocational Rehabilitation counselor to determine your eligibility.
A veteran can apply if they have received disability rating of at least 10% or a memorandum rating of at least 20% from the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Benefit Payments for Chapter 31
- Full tuition and fees paid by the VA to the university
- Payment of all fees (including parking) and reimbursement of graduation, admission fees.
- Full payment of all books and supplies
- Monthly stipend based on rate of pursuit and number of dependents.
For help, assistance, or questions concerning Vocational Rehabilitation please contact:
For the Newark office
Department of veterans Affairs
20 Washington Place-Room 221
Newark, NJ 07102
Telephone (973) 297-3205
For more information: http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/index.htm
How to get certified for Chapter 31
We will require the following documents:
- VA Form 28-1905
Please notice the following information:
- Students must apply for VA benefits.
- As soon as you receive your approval, submit all required documents to the Kean University Office of Veteran’s Services on the second floor of the CAS building room 208.
- Every semester, you must visit the VA office for in-person enrollment.