What are some signs of social wellness?
- Development of assertiveness skills not passive or aggressive ones.
- Balancing social and personal time.
- The ability to be who you are in all situations.
- Becoming engaged with other people in your community.
- Valuing diversity and treat others with respect.
- Continually being able to maintain and develop friendships and social networks.
- The ability to create boundaries within relationship boundaries that encourage communication, trust and conflict management.
- Remembering to have fun.
- Having supportive network of family and friends.
Becoming a clear communicator means effectively conveying your thoughts, ideas, needs and wants. Communicating clearly helps you manage your time and your life, to feel good about yourself, and to build trustworthy relationships with others.
Relationships are essential to maintaining wellness and health. Learn more about having healthy and supportive relationships.
Learn to manage stress... Before it manages you
Stress is a normal part of life. But learning to recognize good and bad stress, and how to cope with both, is essential to being emotionally well. How each of us responds to stress is as individual as we are. Individual stress management education/counseling appointments are available to all UNH students who have paid the health fee.