Kean University Health Services is dedicated to ensuring the health of all students of Kean University whether on the Union campus or the Kean Ocean campus. Student Health Services located in Downs Hall on the Union campus and is available to all registered students of the university, regardless of campus or status. Whether full-time, part-time, graduate, or undergraduate, students are welcome to use our office for any health concerns they may have. If you cannot make it into our Union campus office, feel free to call or email us with any questions or concerns. Student Health Services has also partnered with physicians close to the Kean Ocean campus should you need to be seen by a local provider.
SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES IN UNION
- Assessment and treatment of illness and injuries as deemed necessary
- Physician evaluation with referral
- The latest information on health and related topics
- Health education materials (videos, pamphlets, etc.)
- Assistance with the processing of Medical Leave of Absence (for long-term illness) through Kean University Student Health Services Union campus
- Injury and incident reporting through Kean University Student Health Services Union campus
- Immunization maintenance
SERVICES NOT COVERED
Emergency department visits and hospitalization
Appointments with other private physicians, dentists, consultants or specialists
X-rays, diagnostic procedures and medical and surgical supplies
All services are also available to Kean Ocean students at the Union campus. If you have any questions, concerns or need a referral to a local provider, you may contact Kean University Student Health Services and speak to any provider at (908)737-4880.
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES AVAILABLE IN OCEAN
Kean University has developed and coordinated numerous campus resources which are available to help maintain student health and treat various health concerns through our referral service.
For the student’s convenience, Kean University Health Services has partnered with The Doctor’s Office – Brick to provide care to students of Kean Ocean. The Doctor's Office is a full service office that provides immediate medical care for non-life-threatening injuries as well as relief from everyday illnesses for their patients. Many of the services provided may be covered without an additional charge to students of Kean Ocean with a referral from Health Services. Students that do not receive a referral from Health Services will be charged for their visit to the office.
Referrals to The Doctor’s Office Urgent Care of Brick can be obtained by calling Health Services at 908-737-4880 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm. Call and ask to speak to one of the providers.
The Doctor's Office Urgent Care of Brick
686 Route 70
Brick, NJ 08723
The nearest hospital to Kean Ocean is Community Medical Center (732) 557-8000, open 24/7 and located at 99 NJ-37, Toms River, NJ 08755.
In the event of an emergency, please contact the Ocean County College Campus Security Department located at: Security/Welcome Center at the south end of Parking Lot 1.
For additional information regarding Student Health Services please:
- Visit the Student Health Services Home Page
- Call the Union campus office at 908-737-4880
- Download the brochure.
- E-mail your questions to email@example.com. Questions are answered daily (Mondays through Fridays) by a member of the Kean University Health Services nursing staff. Questions are usually answered 24 to 48 hours after submission. Your question is completely confidential. Only Kean University students are eligible to use this service. E-mails should not be a substitute for medical care.