- PERS/TPAF Retirement Application
- PFRS Retirement Application
- PERS/TPAF/PFRS Retirement Checklist
- Disability Retirement Application
- Request for a retirement estimate
- Directions to the Division of Pensions and Benefits
EMPLOYMENT AFTER RETIREMENT
HEALTH BENEFITS IN RETIREMENT
The State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) offers health insurance coverage to retired employees who meet the eligibility requirements (25 years of pension service credits). Please refer to the SHBP Plan Description Summary, or contact the Office of Human Resources for specific requirements.
- Retiree Plan Comparison Guide 2018
- Health Benefits Coverage - Enrolling as a Retiree - Fact Sheet #11
- Health Benefits Programs and Medicare Parts A&B for Retirees - Fact Sheet #23
- SHBP Retiree Rates for employees who share the cost of NJ DIRECT 10 coverage
- Rates for Retirees Who Pay Full Cost for Health Coverage
Retiree prescription drug coverage is included with retired group medical plan enrollment. OptumRx is the pharmacy benefits administrator for all Retired Group members of the SHBP.
PAYMENT FOR UNUSED SICK LEAVE AT RETIREMENT
Eligible employees may receive payment for half of accumulated unused sick leave at retirement. Compensation for such unused sick leave shall not exceed $15,000. Employees who are not eligible to enroll in the State Retirement Programs are ineligible for payment of unused sick leave. Retiring faculty are not eligible to receive payment for unused sick leave.