University Purchasing is the designated agent authorized to negotiate the purchase and lease of all supplies, equipment and services at Kean University. University Purchasing is responsible for procuring goods and services in the most fair, competitive and equitable manner possible.
The objectives of University Purchasing are:
- To purchase, rent or lease all goods and services to support the university’s educational and administrative operations, in accordance with university policy.
- To maintain good relations with suppliers and to ensure that goods and services are delivered on schedule.
- To develop and implement sound cost-effective policies, procedures and systems regarding the procurement of goods and services needed to support educational and administrative activity.
- To encourage open competition among vendors through fair negotiation, competitive bidding, and contract buying.
- To develop and maintain a complete and current inventory of all capital and fixed assets belonging to the university.
- To comply with all State and Federal requirements pertaining to the procurement of goods and services.
Pursuant to the provisions of New Jersey Annotated Statute18A:64-54, the bidding threshold amount has been CHANGED from $32,100 to $33,000 effective July 1, 2015. All purchases and contracts exceeding this amount must be achieved through competitive bidding.
For further information on Purchasing Guidelines and Procedures click on the following link: Purchasing Guidelines