When Can I Register?
All students are able to register online via KeanWISE. Priority registration periods are determined by the number of credits earned toward your degree. Students will be able to register and drop courses via KeanWISE on their priority dates and through the first week of the semester. After the first week of the semester, students who wish to drop a course will be withdrawn with a mark of “W.” Refunds may be issued according to the schedule on the Academic Calendar.
- Sign the Financial Obligations Agreement by logging into KeanWise, located under the “Student Menu” tab. This must be completed prior to registering.
- Resolve any pending holds. (Holds will restrict your access to registration. To view holds, click the “Student Restrictions” link under the “Academic Profile” menu on KeanWISE.)
- Meet with your Academic Advisor. All undergraduate students must meet with an academic advisor and have advisement holds removed prior to registering.
- Search and register for sections of desired courses by searching KeanWise for open sections.
- Pay your tuition and fees. Fulfill all financial obligations on your account. Students must have enough Financial Aid or scholarship awards to cover all balances, pay in full, or enroll in a Payment Plan. Additional information is available in your Student Account Suite located on KeanWise.
ATTENTION: First time, Non-Matriculated/Non-Degree Seeking, Visiting, Senior Citizens, NJ Tuition Benefit for Unemployed Persons ONLY must complete the Registration Eligibility form:
Spring 2018 Full Semester Courses only. See Academic Calendar for Short Term Courses
Priority Registration Dates:
Tues., Jan. 23-Last day to add/Last day to drop a course at 100% refund and without a mark of “W”
In order to withdraw from one or more courses, a student must do one of the following:
(1) submit a signed, dated letter or completed WITHDRAWAL FORM to Office of the Registrar/Kean Ocean Administrative Office.
(2) submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com from your personal Kean email address. Include your Kean ID and phone numbers.
(3) present a photo ID at the Office of the Registrar/Kean Ocean Administrative Office, Gateway 103.
The request must be received in the Office of the Registrar/Kean Ocean Administrative Office or postmarked by the published deadlines found on the Academic Calendar. Withdrawal from one or more courses may have financial impact on student accounts. Information about tuition, fees and Financial Aid can be found in the appropriate section of this catalog or on the Office of Student Accounting and Office of Financial Aid websites. The withdrawal or “W” grade is not counted in the cumulative grade point average. Any student who does not officially withdraw on or before the withdrawal date published in the academic calendar will be given a letter grade that reflects his or her achievement in the course.
Online Course Registration
Face to face students may register for Online courses not designated as reserved for Kean Online students only on KeanWISE. Five days prior to the start of any term, Kean Online courses with open seats will be made available for face to face students. Face to face students wishing to take a Kean Online course should contact the academic department offering the course to obtain an electronic petition (permission).