Are you a high school student or an incoming Kean freshman? Whether you are planning to attend Kean in the fall or just want to see what college is like, summer is the perfect time to explore. You can experience university life, enjoy smaller class sizes, focus on just one class at a time, and earn three credits in as few as five weeks! With two summer sessions to choose from, you’ll still have time to get out and enjoy the sunshine.
Please note, registration opens for visiting students (non-matriculated) April 20. Sign up to receive an email reminder at the bottom of this page.
Why Summer at Kean?
- There are over 400 courses offered this summer in Psychology, Education, Global Business, the Health Sciences, and more.
- Small average class size of 21 means high student to faculty interaction.
- Concentrating on just one course at a time means a greater level of focus.
- Transfer credits to your home institution and get ahead of your coursework.
Who Can Enroll as a Visiting (Non-Matriculated) Student?
- High school graduates class of 2017 and other recent high school graduates
- Incoming students accepted at Kean University for the fall semester 2017. Also see our Accepted Students page
- Students who are enrolled at other academic institutions and are working towards a degree
- Adults who are not currently enrolled at an institution but wish to enroll in a course
Choose From Two Summer Sessions
Summer Session l - May 23 to June 30
Summer Session II - July 5 to August 15
Search For Courses
- Check out KeanWISE for a full listing of Summer Undergraduate and Graduate courses
- Please see KeanWISE Instructions for assistance. You do not need an account or password to search courses.
- To see Kean Ocean Summer Courses at our branch location in Toms River, go to KeanWISE and set Ocean County College as the location.
How to Register
- Visiting students must fill out a Summer Registration Eligibility form and follow instructions provided to ensure the credits earned will transfer to the university in which they are enrolled.
Financial Aid and Tuition Information
- Questions relating to summer financial aid, please see our Frequently Asked Questions
- Tuition and Fees page is updated regularly
SUMMER SESSION I 2017
SUMMER SESSION II 2017
View the full Academic Calendar
*Dates are subject to change
*See Registration System Availability Chart for special dates of Registration