Internal Research Applications - Submission Deadlines
Untenured Faculty Research Initiative (UFRI) - Applications Closed
Students Partnering with Faculty (SpF) - January 30, 2018
Released Time for Research & Creative Works (RTR) - January 31, 2018
Foundation Faculty Research Awards (FFRA) - February 28, 2018
The mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is to grow the research enterprise throughout the University with an emphasis on faculty-student research and a focus on securing external funding.
The ORSP provides leadership and support to assist faculty and staff to compete successfully for external funding to conduct research and scholarship; engage in creative work; develop curriculum; advance student learning, aid recruitment and retention; and, support campus programming and community outreach. In addition to external grants and contracts administration, ORSP administers internal research awards, provides oversight for sponsored programs, and ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and University policies and regulations including research involving human subjects. The ORSP provides resources and support for faculty to engage students in research projects and is a source of information for students interested in pursuing research opportunities.
Current Grant Opportunities
The dates shown below are the dates proposal documents are due to ORSP. All proposal documents must be submitted to ORSP a minimum of 7 days before the funder’s due date.
- Caplan Foundation- Early Childhood Research - Due 01/24/18
- Office on Violence Against Women - Grants to Reduce Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking on Campus Program. Due 2/16/18.
- National Endowment for the Arts – Poetry Fellowships. Due 2/28/18
- Environmental Protection Agency – Environmental Education Local Grants. Due 3/8/18.
- National Endowment for the Humanities – Challenge Grants. Due 3/15/18.
- National Science Foundation – Expeditions in Computing. Preliminary Proposal. Due 4/17/18.
- Environmental Research and Education Foundation – Environmental Research Grants. Due 6/1/18.
- Sigma Theta Tau – Research Grants (Nursing). Due 7/1/18.
- Carnegie Corporation - Leadership and Teaching to Advance Learning - Please contact email@example.com to apply.
- NSF- International Research Experience for Students (IRES) - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for due dates and to apply.
- Facilitating Wellness in Urban-Dwelling, Low-Income Older Adults Through Community Mobility:A Mixed-Methods Study
- Undergraduate Learning from the Ground Up: Linking Belowground and Aboveground Diversity in Costa Rica
- Phonological Patterns in Dominican Spanish-English Bilingual Preschoolers: Implications for Assessment