Page Header

IRB & Research Compliance

Page Sub Header

Submission Guidelines

IRB & Research Compliance

All students must be sponsored by a Kean faculty research advisor in order to submit an application to the IRB. Application forms submitted by students must be signed by both the student/adjunct faculty and the faculty advisor.

Required IRB Application Documents

All IRB applications and supporting documents must be submitted in hard copy to Townsend 130. If all required documents are not received by the stated deadline, the application will NOT be reviewed.

  • Signed Paper Copy of the application (PI, CO PI and Faculty Advisor, if a student is is the PI)
  • CITI Certificate (PI, CO-PI and Faculty Advisor)
  • Consent Form
  • Debriefing Form

If applicable, these items must also be submitted with the application for it to be complete:

  • Assent Form (For participants under 18)
  • Site Permission
  • Copies of all survey instruments, including interview questions
  • Copies of recruitment letters, emails, flyers or advertisements

Note: Handwritten forms and/or incomplete applications will be returned to the investigator(s) without review.

All applicants, co-applicants and faculty advisors must complete mandatory Human Subject Research Training. Click Here for more information. If your training certificate is more than three years old, you must complete the training again. 

Kean University Policy on the Use of Human Subjects in Research prohibits the start of any research activity (including canvassing and recruiting of subjects) that has not been reviewed by, and received written approval without provisions from, the IRB.

External Researcher Policy

If the researcher is not a Kean University student, faculty, or employee, proof of IRB approval from their home institution must be submitted with the Kean University IRB application. External researchers must be sponsored by a full-time Kean faculty member. Sponsorship consists of the Kean faculty member serving as either the faculty sponsor (if the external researcher is a undergraduate or graduate student at another academic institution) or as the co-PI (if the external researcher is a fellow-faculty member or a post-doc).

Inner Page Footer