The Kean University Foundation Undergraduate Student Research Travel Award provides up to $500 to support travel for an individual undergraduate student or student group to present invited scholarly or creative work; to accept an award from a professional organization or academic institution; or to attend academic competitions at the regional, national, or international level.
- The applicant(s) are undergraduate students in good academic standing at the time of application and at the time of travel.
- The applicant(s) have received written confirmation from the sponsoring organization of the applicant’s acceptance to make a presentation, receive an award, or compete.
- Each application requires faculty approval before submission.
- NOTE: Students may receive only one travel award from the Kean University Foundation.
Funds may only be used to cover the following costs:
- Transportation to and from the conference (e.g., airfare, van rental, mileage)
- Lodging and meals (maximum: 2 nights)
- Conference registration fees
- Faculty/chaperone expenses cannot be funded by Student Travel Awards.
- October 1st for fall semester travel
- February 15th for spring semester travel
Email Curf@kean.edu on how to apply.