The Residence Hall Council serves as a representative residential student government, programming board and advocacy group that aims to contribute to and enhance residential life at Kean University. Each of Kean University's eight residence halls has its own Hall Council to represent the needs and interests of each residence hall population.
Hall Council will meet regularly throughout the academic year to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and concerns. The executive board of each Hall Council meets regularly with staff members from the Office of Residential Student Services to represent resident student interests.
Hall Council Mission Statement
We, the student leaders and members of the Hall Council, share a common goal: to improve the quality of life for all students living in Kean residence halls. We hope to strengthen communication between the Hall Council and the residents whom we represent. We provide a voice for all residents to the administration and the greater Kean community.
Hall Council serves as the umbrella organization for all hall councils, student organizations within each residence hall community at Kean.
Goals of Hall Council
- To foster community within and across residence halls at Kean
- To enhance the residential experience at Kean
- To support hall councils and provide students with leadership development opportunities
- To advocate on behalf of residents to the Kean administration
- To create meaningful programmatic opportunities for students to connect with one another
- To instill a sense of pride in the residential community