The University expects use of University facilities and grounds to advance or promote the academic, educational and/or cultural mission of the University. The following standards will be considered in scheduling use of University facilities and grounds:
- the University’s interest in maintaining order on campus;
- the University’s interest in ensuring public safety and security;
- the University’s interest in preventing commercial exploitation of students of the University;
- the University’s interest in preserving residential tranquility in residence halls and in the surrounding community;
- the University’s interest in preserving its facilities and grounds.
Additional factors include: parking limitations, academic schedules, vehicular traffic, scheduling conflicts, size of the event, staffing needs, and ongoing construction activities.