Steps to using Career Development
||Know when Career Development and Advancement is open! All hours (including late nights) are listed on the homepage, which you can get back to by clicking here.
||Find an overview of every service the Career Development and Advancement Center offers, go to our fact sheet.
||Check out the Career Planning Guide and make sure you're on the right track.
||Take workshops to help with Resume Writing, Interviewing, and Searching for a job!
||Still having trouble with your resume? Contact the Career Development and Advancement Center to make an appointment to have your resume critiqued.
||Attend Career Day, Teacher Job Fair, and the Part-Time Job Fair, to see possible employment opportunities.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
Employment opportunities and career information is now available to Kean University students/alumni via the Internet
Students and alumni interested in employment of all kinds:
Professional full-time and part-time, internships, cooperative education opportunities and part-time non degree positions, should register and post a resume on the Kean University college central network on-line job posting service. Simply go to the following on-line addresses for access:
1) www.monsterTRAK.com At the site, you will post a resume, update a resume, search for jobs, forward a resume and take advantage of the other career related information designed to help you with your job hunt.
2) www.wnjpin.net Sponsored by NJ Department of Labor, it includes a variety of information: employment opportunities, training opportunities, labor market information, and job search information.
3) www.usajobs.opm.gov U. S. Governments central web site for Federal job opportunities.
Additional Teaching positions at the following web sites:
1) www.NJHire.com Education recruitment network for New Jersey
2) NJ Teaching Jobs Kean University School of Education
Students who do not have a computer or access to the Internet, may use computers located at various Kean University sites including the University Center; New Academic Building, second floor; Dougall Residence Hall; and the Nancy Thompson Library.