Walk-in Technology Laboratory
The main function of the walk-in Technology Lab, which is located in L 145, is to provide software technology support for faculty and staff at Kean. Our staff assists users in person, via email and/or by phone with their technology support questions on a "walk-in" basis and by appointment. We also provide self-help documentation via printed materials and our website. Technology Lab staff assists faculty and staff with short-term projects such as scanning trays of slides and printed documents into electronic format. Below is a more comprehensive listing of the services we provide.
- Provide application support for standard productivity software, such as MS Office.
- Provides support for the use of digital imaging software such as Adobe Photoshop Elements.
- Make available documentation on using standard software, email, coding HTML and other topics of interest to our patrons.
- Offer technical assistance in updating a website and/or online course.
- Convert paper documents into digital form using scanners and OCR software.
- Create PDF documents for easy dissemination.
- Assist in scanning photos, illustrations, negatives and slides into digital format.
- Provide CD and VHS duplication services en mass and individually (non-copyrighted material).