My teaching interests lie in both the theoretical and applied aspects
of GIS, Cartography, and environmental modeling, including but not limited
to: introductory GIS, Physical Geography and Cartography courses, introuctory
Earth Science, advanced GIS courses such as spatial/environmental modeling,
programming, GIS applications, Medical geography and Environmental Sciences (biogeography,
ecology, soil science).
- 2007 Observing the Earth, Kean University, Instructor.
- 2007 World Geography, Kean University, Instructor.
- 2007 Introduction to Physical Geography, UTSA, Instructor.
- 2007 Design and Management of Geographical Information Systems,
- 2006 Introduction to Physical Geography, UTSA, Instructor.
- 2006 Introduction to Geographical Information Systems, UTSA, Instructor.
- 2005 Physical Systems of the Environment, UW-Madison, Laboratory
- 2004 Physical Systems of the Environment, UW-Madison, Laboratory
- 2004 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems, UW-Madison,
- 2003 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems, UW-Madison,
- 2003 3dMapper software training workshop at USDA Soil Survey Center,
Lincoln, NE, Instructor
- 1998 Environmental Information Systems, Peking University, Laboratory
- 1997 Environmental Economics, Peking University, Lecturer substitute.
My favorite Teaching Quotes:
- "Education is a kind of continuing dialogue, and a dialogue
assumes, in the nature of the case, different points of view."
- Robert Hutchins
- " He who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -
- "It must be remembered that the purpose of education is not
to fill the minds of students with facts... it is to teach them to
think, if that is possible, and always to think for themselves."
--- Robert Hutchins
- "To teach is to learn twice." - Joseph Joubert
- "Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right."
- Henry Ford
- "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior
teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Ward
- " If students do not learn the way we teach, then let us teach
the way they learn." - Kenneth Dunn
- "I touch the Future; I Teach"
- Christa McAuliffe
| Home | About Me
| Research | C.V.
| Contact |