Graduate Assistantships at Kean University
Each year, Kean University offers a limited number of graduate assistantships.
Providing the best education at an affordable cost to our students is paramount. Through this special program, a select number of Graduate students will have tuition and fees waived.
Assistantships draw on a variety of different skills and require a service on campus 15-20 hours each week, depending on assignment. You can download an application here.
- You must be admitted to a program before you can be considered for a graduate assistantship.
- To apply, you must complete the application, your resume, and two letters of recommendation (these may be the same letters used with your admissions application).
- Prospective employers seeking graduate assistants will review applications, conduct interviews and hire assistants. You will be contacted if they wish to interview you for an open position.
- If you are granted an assistantship, you will work 15-20 hours/week for a department or office, such as the department of History.
- Assistantships begin in the Fall semester of the new academic year and continue through the Spring semester.
* Graduate Assistantship Status & Renewal Questionnaire
* Assistanship Performance & Reappointment Recommendation