How to Access the Kean University eContent Collection from NetLibrary
The Kean University eContent Collection from NetLibrary includes electronic full-text copies of published print materials. The Reference Center comprises reference resources including encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, handbooks, thesauri and more. In addition to the titles purchased by Kean University Library, the eContent Collection also includes e-books freely accessible to the public (Publicly-Accessible e-Books).
There are three ways to access the Kean University eContent Collection:
- From the NetLibrary link on the Library's Articles & More page. If you are off campus you will be prompted for your Library Barcode.
- From the Kean Catalog. By limiting search results to Electronic Resources you will retrieve only e-books, some of which may be from NetLibrary. When you are on campus, links within the catalog records of NetLibrary titles will take you directly to the e-books. However, if you are linking to NetLibrary titles in the Kean Catalog from off campus you will need to log in to a NetLibrary user account. See below for directions on how to create a NetLibrary account.
- From http://www.netlibrary.com. From on campus you will go directly to the Kean University eContent Collection. From off-campus you will be prompted to log in to a NetLibrary user account. See below for directions on how to create a NetLibrary account.
If you wish to access eContent from off campus, create bookmarks, or save notes, you will need to create a NetLibrary user account either while you are on campus, or, if off campus, after logging in with your Library Barcode.
To set up your personal NetLibrary user account:
- Click on the NetLibrary link on the Library’s Articles & More page; then click the Create a Free Account link.
- Enter your identifying information (user name, password, email address).
- Click the Submit button.
Logging in as a remote user
Each time you wish to access the NetLibrary web site from an off campus location, you will be prompted to log in.
- Go to http://www.netlibrary.com and enter your user name and password in the login box.
- Click the red Log in button.
You now have access to personalization features, checkout capabilities and all eContent available in the Kean University eContent Collection.