The VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program
For Kean University Faculty and Students
The VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program for Faculty and Students is a cooperative onsite borrowing agreement among participating VALE member colleges and universities. Faculty and students from participating institutions who are in good standing at their home library qualify for onsite borrowing privileges at the other VALE libraries. Faculty and students must obtain a signed "VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Application Form," available at the Kean University Library's Circulation Desk, before they can borrow at one of the participating libraries. For more information on the program, visit:
For questions regarding the VALE Reciprocal Borrowing program please contact Kimberly Fraone at (908) 737-4616 or email@example.com.
For Faculty and Students from Other Participating Institutions
- As members of the VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program, the Nancy Thompson Library at Kean University offers book borrowing privileges to faculty and students from institutions participating in the program. After a student or faculty member completes the application form at his or her home library, it is presented at the Kean University Library circulation desk along with a photo ID.
- Your borrowing card is issued for your use at the Nancy Thompson Library. Others may not use your card. You must show your updated borrowing card each time at check out.
- You are allowed to take out three books at any given time.
- Only circulating material may be borrowed for a loan period of 30 days.
- You may not renew books.
- Overdue charges are 10 cents per book, per day.
- The borrower is responsible for the replacement cost of lost books. Lost books are subject to a $50.00 replacement fee.
- VALE Reciprocal Borrowers cannot place holds, recalls or interlibrary loan requests.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if one or more checked out items is overdue; if there are unpaid fines or bills; or if there are any unresolved problem transactions.
- All items must be returned directly to the Nancy Thompson Library at Kean University.
Please make sure that we have your current U.S. local address and phone number at all times.
For more information, contact Kimberly Fraone at (908) 737-4616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.