The application deadline for Fall admission is June 1; the application deadline for Spring admission is November 1.
In addition to the University’s requirements:
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores
- Minimum of 12 undergraduate credits in English or an area of study related to the degree (communication, literacy), excluding freshman composition or first-year writing
- An essay outlining personal goals and expectations for enrolling in and completing the program
- Two letters of recommendation
- Departmental interview, if required
Provisional Admission: In keeping with the University’s commitment to access, the Department of English will review the status of applicants whose GRE scores or grades are slightly below established admissions guidelines on a case-by-case basis to assess potential for success and prescribe conditions for full admission.
Transfer of Credits: The Department will accept a maximum of 6 hours of course work from another accredited institution.