Dr. Elisha Nixon
University Requirements for Academic Minors
(From the 2009-10 Undergraduate Catalog)
1. A minor shall consist of a minimum of 18 semester hours in a single academic
discipline. Majors within that academic discipline may not minor in that discipline.
2. Content is to be prescribed by a department and may or may not include
3. At least 6 semester hours shall be from upper division, 3000-4000 level
4. No more than one-half of the credits for that minor may be transferred from
5. Departments will provide guidesheets for minor programs to students.
6. An academic minor is declared only when students apply for graduation.
Declaration of Minor/Collateral forms may be obtained from the Office of the
Registrar, first floor, Administration Bldg or from the academic department.
7. At the time of filing for graduation, the department must verify and sign off that
all requirements for the minor are met. Verification of the completion of the
minor must then be filed with the Registrar’s Office.
8. Minors/collaterals will be designated on the student’s transcript.
View the FAQ section for frequently asked questions for Health Education.
© Copyright 2010 Kean University - 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, New Jersey 07083 - 908-737-KEAN (5326)