University Requirements for Academic Minors
(From the 2009-10 Undergraduate Catalog)
1. A minor shall consist of a minimum of 18 semester hours in a single academic
discipline. Majors within that academic discipline may not minor in that discipline.
2. Content is to be prescribed by a department and may or may not include electives.
3. At least 6 semester hours shall be from upper division, 3000-4000 level courses.
4. No more than one-half of the credits for that minor may be transferred from another
5. Departments will provide guidesheets for minor programs to students.
6. An academic minor is declared only when students apply for graduation. Declaration of
Minor/Collateral forms may be obtained from the Office of the Registrar, first floor,
Administration Bldg or from the academic department.
7. At the time of filing for graduation, the department must verify and sign off that all
requirements for the minor are met. Verification of the completion of the minor must
then be filed with the Registrar’s Office.
8. Minors/collaterals will be designated on the student’s transcript.
For more information on the Recreation Administration Minor contact:
Dr. Frances Stavola Daly, CTRS, CPRP
908-737-3820 or 3812 • email@example.com HH-410
© Copyright 2010 Kean University - 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, New Jersey 07083 - 908-737-KEAN (5326)