What is a Living Learning Community?
The mission of the living learning community is to create a residential atmosphere that enhances the overall learning experience. This environment creates a community of students and faculty that have common interests and ambitions. Participation in one of our living learning communities will enhance your college experience, expose you to new ideas, and help you prepare for life after college.
What is G.R.E.E.N. Living?
G.R.E.E.N. (Gearing Residents toward Environment, Exercise, and Nutrition) Living is for students that want to share their passion for sustainability and healthy living. The residents will enjoy a floor with eco-friendly programming. As a part of the floor, all residents will be provided a healthy living opportunity and a chance to express themselves. This living learning community will provide you with opportunities to make a difference at Kean University.
What is S.I.M.S. Living?
(Success in Math and Science)
S.I.M.S. Living is for students that are planning on majoring in Math, Science, or Technology. Residents on the floor will share similar social and academic experiences in and out of the residence halls. This living learning community will help prepare you for your academic career in math, science, and technology.
What are the Benefits of G.R.E.E.N. Living?
- You will be able to meet others that share the same passion concerning sustainability and healthy living.
- There will be networking opportunities with other members of the Kean Community.
- The opportunity to plan a campus wide program based on G.R.E.E.N. values.
What are the Benefits of S.I.M.S. Living?
- The opportunity to cultivate the skills needed to succeed in math, science and technology.
- There will be organized Peer Study Groups available for S.I.M.S. Residents.
- You will be able to interact with the Kean University Math, Science, and Technology community.
G.R.E.E.N. Living Requirements
- Participate in at least one G.R.E.E.N. community program a month.
- Participate in the implementation of a University Wide awareness program for the Spring Semester.
- Students are strongly encourage to register for the Sustainability 1000 section for the Fall semester.
S.I.M.S. Living Requirements
- Participate in student led study groups.
- Maintain a 2.5 G.P.A. after the fall semester of classes.
- Students are strongly encourage to register for Transition to Kean Science Section or a NJCSTM class.