Summer Housing applications are now available via KeanWise.
Thank you for your interest in living on campus during the summer 2013 sessions. Priority will be given to students who submit complete applications by April 19, 2013 for summer session I and May 20, 2013 for summer session II. Students who do not receive a housing assignment will be placed on a waiting list based on the date the contract was received by the Office of Residential Student Services.
How to Apply for Housing
All summer session I and II residents will live in the New Upperclassmen Residence Hall. Please follow the steps below to select your housing space.
1) Fill out a Summer Session I or Summer Session II housing contract available via KeanWise. (There is no application fee for the summer sessions)
2) Make sure you include your personal preferences.
3) Include your roommate/suitemate request. Please note that you will only be assigned with your roommate request if you both request each other and apply at the same time.
4) Submit the application by the deadline (April 19, 2013 for summer session I and May 20, 2013 for summer session II.)
- Housing Cost: Please find the standard summer session housing rate chart below:
Standard Summer 2013 Rates
If you submit the housing application after the due date, you will be expected to pay the full amount before you are assigned. The Office of Residential Student Services will provide you a hand written bill that you will have to pay at Student Accounting. If we are unable to offer you housing after you have paid the full amount, all of your money will be refunded.
- Assignments: Students who are approved for summer housing will receive their summer room assignments via the University e-mail by April 26, 2013. Students who have not received information by this date must contact the Office of Residential Student Services via e-mail at email@example.com or via phone at (908) 737-6800.
- Student Services: All services will be included during the summer including Residence Life staff support, shuttle service, mail, etc. Please contact the Office of Residential Student Services for any questions at 908-737-6800.
- Meal Plan:Students are not required to have a meal plan during the summer. If you wish to add flex dollars to your Cougar ID Card, please do so through the Student Accounting Office.
- Move in/move out date
Summer Session I (Six Week Program)
Move-In: Sunday, May 19, 12:00 Noon – 4p.m.
Move-Out: Thursday, June 28, 12:00 Noon – 6p.m.
Summer Session II (Six Week Program)
Move-In: Sunday, June 30, 12:00 Noon – 4p.m.
Move-Out: Thursday, August 8, 12:00 Noon–6p.m.
Important Note: Students who have paid for both SSI and SSII do NOT need to move home between sessions!
Important Note: All students MUST move out at the end of the spring 2013 semester and will not be permitted to leave their belongings.
Important Note: No one will be allowed to stay beyond summer session II (8/8/13)
Should you have any questions regarding summer housing arrangements, please contact the Office of Residential Student Services at 908-737-6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org