Management & Marketing Mission and SLOs
BS IN MARKETING, BS IN MANAGEMENT
We provide a diverse student body with a solid educational foundation for careers in business and for personal growth. Consistent with this mission, we are committed to:
• Teaching & Learning that develop the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes for career success.
• Faculty scholarship that contributes to advances in pedagogy and professional practice.
• Comprehensive services that effectively support students’ educational experience, career planning, and personal growth.
• Community partnerships that benefit our students’ and faculty’s professional development.
• A professional environment that is characterized by a culture of celebrated excellence and mutual respect
• Holding ourselves, and our students, to the highest professional and ethical standards.
BS in Marketing, BS in Management Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Students who graduate with a BS in Marketing & Management will:
SLO1: Communicate effectively
SLO2: Utilize business technologies to access, analyze and communicate business information.
SLO3: Use concepts and techniques from business disciplines to evaluate and solve business problems.
SLO4: Know the code of conduct and the ethical issues germane to business.
SLO5: Know how the domestic practice in their discipline differs from international practice.
SLO6: Know the key concepts in all major business disciplines.
SLO7: Have in-depth knowledge of their discipline.
* KU Student Outcomes: Kean University graduates should be able to:
1. Think critically, creatively and globally;
2. Adapt to changing social, economic, and technological environments;
3. Serve as active and contributing members of their communities; and
4. Advance their knowledge in the traditional disciplines (GE) and enhance their skills in professional areas (Prof. pgms)
**General Education Student Learning Outcomes
Knowledge: Students will demonstrate proficiency in knowledge and content by:
(K1) applying the scientific method to comprehend natural concepts and processes;
(K2) evaluating major theories and concepts in social sciences;
(K3) relating historical references to literature; and
(K4) evaluating major theories and concepts in the fine arts.
Skills: Students will demonstrate the skills necessary to:
(S1) write to communicate and clarify learning ;
(S2) communicate effectively through speech;
(S3) solve problems using quantitative reasoning;
(S4) think critically about concepts in multiple disciplines; and
(S5) show information literacy.
Values: Students will demonstrate personal, social and ethical responsibility as a part of lifelong learning through:
(V1) personal responsibility;
(V2) ethical & social responsibility;
(V3) active in social & civic engagement;
(V4) respect for diverse culture; and
(V5) lifelong learning
For a complete list of course descriptions and degree requirements, click here.