While the University is conducting remote education, the College of Education remains committed to providing you with resources as you prepare to take your Praxis. Please click on the ETS links below for updated Praxis information and to access resources to assist in your test preparation.
- Early Childhood Education 5025
- Art: Content Knowledge 5134
- Elementary Education: Content Knowledge 5018
- English Language Arts: Content Knowledge 5038
- Mathematics: Content Knowledge 5161
- Middle School Science: Content Knowledge 5440
- Middle School Social Studies: Content Knowledge 5081
- Algebra 1 5162
- Biology: Content Knowledge 5235
- Early Childhood: Content Knowledge 5022
- Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects 5023
- General Science: Content Knowledge 5435
- Middle School English Language Arts 5047
- Middle School: Mathematics 5169
- Middle School: Social Studies 5089
- Spanish: World Language 5195
- Special Education: Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities 5383
- World and US History: Content Knowledge 5941
- Physical Education: Content Knowledge 5857
The Kean University College of Education's Resource Center's (Formerly the Praxis Resource Center) mission is to promote the success of all prospective educators in passing the Praxis Series tests. The center is dedicated to enhancing student achievement and confidence by strengthening comprehensive learning, providing academic support services to all students, reinforcing course content, along with emphasizing good study habits and effective test-taking skills. This is accomplished through the use of different learning strategies, tutoring, supplemental instruction, learning assistance and collaborations with Center Experts that allow students to achieve their academic goals. Faculty, instructors and staff members are committed to providing a welcoming and stimulating environment that prepares students to achieve their goals as future educators.
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CORE)
The Core assesses skills in mathematics, reading, and writing of the teacher candidate. In order to enter a College of Education (COE) teaching program, you will have to pass the Praxis Core. Please make an appointment with your education advisor to review the other requirements for entering the program of your choice.
Praxis II Subject Assessments
The Praxis II assesses content knowledge in specific subject areas that beginning teachers will need. In order to qualify for your senior field experience, you will have to pass the Praxis II content knowledge in your education major.