Summer Scholars Research Program
The NJCSTM Group Summer Scholars Research Program (GSSRP) is a 6-week (July 9 – August 16), hands-on research experience aimed at attracting and developing talented students who are interested in pursuing an education in STEM. Upon entering the program students will be divided into small research teams that are paired with a faculty mentor conducting actual scientific research.
The GSSRP accepts rising 11th and 12th grade high school students, and first-year undergraduate students who are
interested in biological sciences, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and modern drug discovery.
Students will be notified of whether they have been accepted to the program by April 15, 2018. If accepted, students must submit a deposit of $250 by April 30, 2018 and full payment for the remaining balance will be due by June 1, 2018. Details on payment and additional registration forms will be sent with acceptance letters. A section on financial assistance is included in the application.
To be considered for aid, this section must be completed at the time of application.
2018 GSSRP Research Streams
- Analytical Chemistry and Chromatography: Isolation, Identification and Characterization of Drug-Like Chemical Compounds in Medicinal Plants Using Biological Assays, Chromatography, and Mass Spectrometry Techniques
- World of Data: Virtual Reality & Scientific Visualization
- Microbes, Microbiomes and Bioinformatics: Exploring the Structure and Function of the Microbial World
- Molecular and Cellular Biology: Exploring Cancer Malignancy
- Computational Mathematics: Pattern Formation and Wave Propagation
- Medicinal Chemistry and Modern Drug Discovery: Synthesis of Chemokine Receptor Antagonists
Group Summer Scholars Research Program
Program Timeline: July 9 – August 16, 2018
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
The 2018 Application Process has been completed. For more information about the 2019 program or general queries, please contact the Dean’s office at the STEM Building.