Getting Started with Canvas
To Log In to Canvas
Finding Your Course
- OCIS automatically creates courses based on registration and your assigned course such already be in your Canvas account
- To open your course, the Canvas Dashboard, by clicking on the link on the left side menu (example here), to find your course. If you do not see your course listed, please contact your department chair and/or fill out a ticket with OCIS.
How can I learn more about Canvas?
- To learn more about Canvas sign up for a workshop in LibCal (see example)
- Faculty can also learn more about Canvas via these instructor guides or by watching these how to videos for instructors
- Faculty have access to a Canvas helpline (855) 781-8511 and Canvas help via chat.
- If you have questions about workshops, please feel free to email Dr. Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Canvas resources are available for my students?
- It is recommended that students watch this Getting Started Series of videos.
- Students in need of technical support can access help via a STUDENT CHAT help line or by calling the Canvas helpline (855) 781-8511
- Students can also search Canvas student guide and watch videos for students
Is Simple Syllabus included in my Canvas Course?
- Yes, you can find Simple Syllabus on the Course menu.
- Once a Simple Syllabus is completed & approved, the system automatically links that syllabus to your course. You and your students access this syllabus via the course menu on the left.
- Directions for Simple Syllabus are found here.