Elizabeth Locke, Ph.D.
- APTA Credentialed Clinical Trainer and Advanced Clinical Instructor
- APTA Minority Faculty Development Scholarship Award
- APTA Virginia John L. Echternach Research Award
- Associate Member / Delegate, Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- Faculty Emerita of Rehabilitation Sciences, Old Dominion University
- FSBPT Excellence in Governance Award
- Inside Business Outstanding Women in Business Achievement Award
- National Association of Black Physical Therapists, Inc.
- The Alpha Eta Society
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- The Old Dominion University Barbara Jordan Community Service Award
- The Old Dominion University John R. Broderick Diversity Champion Award
- United Way of South Hampton Roads Project Inclusion Board Governance and Leadership Development Program
- Vice President, Virginia Board of Physical Therapy
- Virginia Department of Health Professions Non-Prescriber Opioid Task Force
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in Health Sciences Education
Elizabeth Locke, PT, PhD, Renee Huth, PT, ABD, Molly Pollizoto SPT. (2019). “Posttest analysis of a cultural competence workshop.” American Council of Academic Physical Therapy Education. Educational Leadership Conference. Seattle, Washington, October 18-20, 2019. Abstract # 21092.
Shepherd, J, Goodman, K, Locke, E, Johnson, K, Claiborne, D, Editors. (2016). Interprofessional Education and Collaboration is a Call for Improvement Across the Board in the Health Sciences. American Journal of Health Research. 4(2-1).
Shepherd, JG, Locke, E, Zhang, Q, & Maihafer, G. (2014). Health services use and prescription access among uninsured patients managing chronic diseases. Journal of Community Health: The Publication for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. 39(3), 572-583.
Shuman, Deanne & Locke, Elizabeth (2013). Cultural health influences. Primary Preventive Dentistry, 8th Edition (pp. 14-21). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
Kott KM, Held SL, Giles EF, Franjoine MR. (2011). Predictors of standardized walking obstacle course outcome measures in children with and without developmental disabilities. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 23(4), 365-73.
Giles, EF, Garzon, LS, Plichta, SB, Rutledge, CM. (2010). A pilot study of diversity climate and organizational effectiveness in accredited U.S. physical therapist education programs [Abstract]. Journal of the American Physical Therapy Association, Online ISSN 1538-6724.
Giles, Elizabeth F. (2009). Application of the interactional model of cultural diversity to identify diversity climate factors associated with organizational effectiveness in accredited U.S. physical therapist education programs [Abstract]. Virginia Journal of Science, 60:2, 85.
Giles, Elizabeth Francis (2008). Application of the interactional model of cultural diversity to identify diversity climate factors associated with organizational effectiveness in accredited U.S. physical therapist education programs. Ph.D. dissertation, Old Dominion University, United States -- Virginia. Dissertations & Theses: Full Text database. AAT 3338435.
Giles, Elizabeth Francis. (2002). A proposed program evaluation model for physical therapy clinical education. Journal of Global Awareness, 3(1), 54-65.