2023-2024 Move-In Information
Watch this video to know what to expect for the new drive-thru move-in process for the residence halls.
Cougars, we are excited to welcome you to campus for the 2023-2024 academic year!
The countdown to Fall is officially on! We are thrilled to announce a brand-new drive-up move-in process for the Fall 2023 semester! We can't wait to roll out this new initiative and welcome you to campus.
Your move-in date is determined by the residence hall you are assigned to:
- Monday, August 28: Freshman Hall & Bartlett Hall (All students) View Map
- Tuesday, August 29: Cougar Hall (Freshmen & Upperclassmen students) View Map
- Wednesday, August 30: Upperclassman Hall, Burch Hall, Sozio Hall, Rogers Hall & Bartlett Hall (Upperclass & Graduate Students) View Map
To ensure a smooth move-in experience, you'll need an appointment for your designated move-in day. Any student who has received a housing assignment has been automatically scheduled a default move-in appointment. If required, you can adjust your time slot on the housing portal no later than Wednesday, August 23.
You'll have thirty minutes to arrive, check in with our staff, and unload your belongings. After that, you will have more time to settle into your suite.
Check-Out These Move-In Tips:
To be cleared fore move-in, residential students must meet the following requirements.
- Full-Time Enrollment Status: Undergraduate students must be registered for at least 12 credits to be considered full-time, and Graduate students must be registered for at least 9 credits. View your status on KeanWISE.
- Review Billing and Financial Aid: Ensure you are in good financial standing and current with your bill to prevent deregistration from classes or housing.*
- Student Health Clearance: Required immunization requirements and health insurance must be submitted to the Student Health Portal.
Failure to comply with any of these actions WILL prevent you from moving in.
*If you were recently removed from the waitlist and/or assigned housing, your balance and payment plan will have changed. You need to review your bill for these adjustments in a timely manner to avoid late fees or deregistration.
Although limited staff from Student Accounting, Financial Aid, and Health Services will be available on-site on your move-in date, there is no guarantee they will be able to assist you in removing the holds and you will have to return home. Students can check their clearance status in the housing portal, and follow up directly with these offices to rectify any holds well before move-ins.
- Don’t drive solo. If you’re driving alone, you won’t be able to join the drive-thru queue. Parking will be reserved in NAAB for students and Kean Hall parking lot for Cougar Hall students who arrive alone or by taxi service.
- Make sure you have a co-pilot. We’ve assembled a mighty Move-In Crew of volunteers. But you’ll still need a hand, so plan to bring at least one person (but no more than two) to help you. Ensure you sit in the front passenger seat and have the housing portal readily accessible to present your green “Cleared” status. Each resident can have up to two cars on campus during your move-in appointment; however, only one can join the drive-up queue.
- Extra cargo space: Additional trolleys, wagons, and carts are strongly recommended for an easy move-in. Once your vehicle exits the drive-up queue, bins will not be available in the Hennings and Kean Hall lots.
Early Arrival Groups
Some students may be part of a group approved for an early arrival on campus. Students scheduled for early arrival will have a message indicating their pre-approval, date, and time for move-in.
Early arrivals must be cleared and compliant with all requirements to move in no later than 48 hours before their move-in date.
Early arrivals will not follow the drive-thru model.