What is the Involvement Center?
The Kean University Involvement Center is a joint venture between the Office of Student Government, Center for Leadership and Service, Miron Student Center Operations and Event Management Office and Kean University’s student governments to provide a centralized location, or hub, for student involvement at the University.
In addition to providing a vast array of resources to all of Kean University’s 140+ recognized student groups, the Involvement Center is a focal point for students wishing to become involved at Kean University and is staffed by a team of student leaders who are extensively trained in connecting students to involvement opportunities and providing student group consultation and mentoring services. The Center consists of three conference rooms for executive board or small group meetings, a resource room complete with student group supplies and tools, lockers for student group storage and mailboxes for all of the recognized student groups.
Located in Miron Student Center room 303, the Involvement Center is open five days per week with late night hours convenient for student groups and students.
- Student Group Mailboxes.
- Student Group Locker Space.
- Executive Board and Small Group Conference Rooms.
- Computer Workstations (equipped with Microsoft Office and Adobe Design Standard CS6).
- Student Group Black/White and Color Copies.
- Student Group Supplies.
- Assistance Provided with Room Reservations, Student Group Forms, Student Government Paperwork, Cougar Link, Student Group Recognition.
- Student Group Consulting.
- Student Group and Leadership Resource Library.
- Student Group Development.
- Workshops and Training.
- And More!
Peer Involvement Advising
Get Involved and Stay Connected!
The Involvement Center is a resource to all students here at Kean to get them engaged and become integrated in our community. The Involvement Center staff is trained to help connect interested students with organizations and activities tailored to their interests and previous involvement. Kean University is home to over 130 different clubs and organizations, so there is something for everyone! Stop by Miron Student Center, room 303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how an appointment can be made to meet with an Involvement Specialist!
Student Group Lockers
Lockers are available in the Involvement Center for recognized student groups. To reserve a Student Group Involvement Center Locker, please click here to access the Locker Request Form, or call (908) 737-5270 or visit the Involvement Center, located in Miron Student Center, room 303.
Commonly Used Student Group Forms
- Food Service Waiver (Updated 2015)
- Kean University Security Agreement
- Kean Stage Ticket Request Form
- Event Attendance List Form
- Student Group Advisor Contract
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Form 2018 – 2019 (required annually for all student group executive board members)
Co-Curricular Student Travel
- Policies and Procedures Governing Co-Curricular Student Travel
- Form CCST-1: Co-Curricular Student Travel Approval Form
- Form CCST-2: Trip Advisor Instructions for Co-Curricular Student Travel
- Form CCST-3: Student Travel Roster Form
- Form CCST-4A: Co-Curricular Student Travel Registration Form - Day Trip
- Form CCST-4B: Co-Curricular Student Travel Registration Form - Overnight Trip
Training Presentations and Resources
Student Group Leadership Toolkit:
- Student Overview: Using Cougar Link as a Student
- Group Leader Overview: Getting Started with Your Organization
- Group Leader Overview: Utilizing News, Rosters, Galleries and Documents for Your Organization
- Group Leader Overview: Creating and Managing Events
- Group Leader Overview: Managing Your Organization's Community Service Hours
- Event Attendance Tracking Instruction Sheet
- Instructions for Reserving Meetings.
- Virtual EMS Meeting Reservation User Guide.
Student Group Recognition:
- Student Group Recognition Overview: Returning Organizations.
Student Group Advisors:
- Campus Security Authorities (CSAs).
- The Clery Act: Online Education Module for Campus Security Authorities.
- Student Group Advisor’s Role and Responsibility.
- Student Group Advisor Contract.