Tutoring and Learning Support Services
Tutoring is available by appointment and on a walk-in basis. Sessions are one-on-one or in groups. The Tutoring and Learning Support Services selects and trains both student and professional tutors.
Tutoring is offered in a wide range of undergraduate courses, and focuses on areas in which students most often experience difficulty, including introductory-level through senior-level courses. Tutorial activity is adapted to course content and objectives, and is an extension of classroom instruction. The goal is to provide all students the opportunity to achieve the highest grade possible, but more importantly, to master the academic content needed to progress in their academic careers.
The Tutoring and Learning Support Services also works closely with departments such as the Spanish Speaking Program, the English as a Second Language Program, and the disability office to assist these students populations in addressing their specialized needs.
By accepting a tutoring appointment, you agree to the following conditions:
- If you need to cancel an appointment, 24-hour notice is expected. Failure to do so may revoke tutoring privileges for the duration of the semester
- Tutoring will not be available for take-home exams
- Be prepared for your tutoring session. Bring your books, notes and any appropriate homework
- Be on time. Tutors wait only 15 minutes before assisting another student
- Be sure to schedule follow-up appointments before you leave
|Rules for Logarithms|
|Amplitude, Period, Phase Shift|
|Simplifying a Complex Fraction|
|Composite Functions Example|
|Graphing a Sine Function|