At Kean University, we understand the importance of preparing our students to meet the challenges of the Information Age and of providing them with the tools to take advantage of it. As a comprehensive interactive university, we strive to prepare our students to be equipped for a future of learning.
The Miron Student Center Computer Lab is a state-of-the-art facility that offers 50 computer stations. All computers are loaded with Microsoft Office and offer network capabilities. The Miron Student Center Computer Lab is conveniently located in the Miron Student Center Atrium, Room 105. The Lab is open to all current Kean University students, faculty, and staff.
The New Upper-Class Computer Lab is a state-of-the-art facility that offers 15 computer stations. All computers are loaded with Microsoft Office and offer network capabilities. The New Upper Computer Lab is conveniently located on the first floor of the New Upper-Class Residence Hall. The entrance to this Computer Lab is not part of the residence entrance which makes it available to all current Kean University students, faculty, and staff.
A current Kean University ID is required and must be submitted to lab attendants prior to the use of the facility. Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and priority will be given to those completing academic assignments, research, and organizational work. Student computer consultants and graduate assistants staff the labs.
UPDATED PROCEDURES FOR THE SPRING 2021 SEMESTER
- The number of people in the Computer Lab will be limited to 12 students in the MSC Computer Lab and 5 students in the New Upper Computer Lab at any given time.
- Students will be asked to use hand sanitizer when they enter and exit the Computer lab.
- Students will swipe their own id’s (Current Kean ID’s only)
- The front row of the computer lab will remain vacant so that we can use this space as a walkway for students to exit the Computer Lab.
- The e-Print option will be promoted to minimize the number of people that need to utilize the Computer Lab.
- Entrance and Exit
- The main entrance to the Computer Lab will be used as an entrance only
- The emergency door on the side of the Computer Lab by the Media Center will be used as the exit point for the Computer Lab.
- All tables and computers will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Gloves will be provided to patrons that are interested.
- Social Distancing
- Staff will reinforce physical distancing for patrons
- Staff and patrons will be required to wear masks at all times while in the Computer Lab.
MSC COMPUTER LAB HOURS OF OPERATION (SPRING 2021 SEMESTER):
***The first hour of each day will be dedicated to those students that might be at a higher risk.
***Due to CDC guidelines a maximum of 10 students will be allowed in the Computer Lab at a time.
Monday – Thursday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
NEW UPPER COMPUTER LAB WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE SPRING 2021 SEMESTER
The computers are loaded with Windows XP and operate the following programs:
- Microsoft Office.
- Quick Time Player.
- Internet Explorer.
- Microsoft Visio.
- Zoom Text.
- Real Player.
- Microsoft Project.
- Microsoft Access.
- Microsoft Excel.
The Computer Lab staff will make every effort to ensure the integrity of the computers, software and equipment. However, Kean University is not responsible for the loss of information resulting from computing misuse, malfunction of computing hardware and/or software, or external contamination of data or programs. Backup of information is strongly recommended.