Student Government Elections
Apply today for a position in YOUR Student Government and make your voice heard! Learn and apply valuable leadership skills, work as a team to develop resolutions, and represent the student population. Besides all of the learning that comes with position there are several benefits that come with being an executive board member for Student Organization including an on campus office, and more!
STUDENT ORGANIZATION OF KEAN UNIVERSITY
Student Organization (SO) of Kean University, the full-time undergraduate student government has the following executive board positions available:
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President of Special Projects
- Vice President of Programming
- Vice President of Kean Ocean
- Assistant Secretary
- Senior Class President
- Junior Class President
- Sophomore Class President
In addition the following council positions are available for the senior, junior and sophomore classes:
- Class Vice President
- Class Treasurer
- Class Secretary
- 9 Class Senators
There are also 5 positions available for Kean Ocean Students, to serve on Student Senate
For more information on Student Organization positions, including a detailed description and information for each position, please click here.
Position eligibility requirements for Student Organization, as well as the election rules and guidelines, can be found in the Student Organization Election Code. The Election Code can be accessed by clicking here.
GRADUATE AND PART-TIME STUDENT COUNCIL
Graduate and Part-time Student Council (GPSC) of Kean University represents the Graduate and Part-time students at Kean. GPSC has the following executive board positions available:
- Vice President
In addition there are 23 Representative positions, one of which is designated for a Kean Ocean student.
For more information on Graduate and Part-time Student Council positions, including detailed descriptions for each position, please click here.
Position eligibility requirements for Graduate and Part-time Student Council, as well as the election rules and guidelines, can be found in the Student Organization Election Code. The Election Code can be accessed by clicking here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION If you have any questions about these positions, please contact the Office of Student Government, located in Miron Student Center, Room 309 or 304, on the Union Campus, by calling (908) 737-5250.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT CANDIDATE INFORMATION SESSION (OPTIONAL)
- Tuesday, February 9th 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM via Zoom
- Wednesday, February 17th 11 AM - 12 PM via Zoom
MANDATORY CANDIDATES MEETING (3 OPTIONS – MUST ATTEND ONE)
Tuesday, March 16th
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm via Zoom
- 3:20 pm - 4:20 pm via Zoom
Wednesday, March 17th
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm via Zoom
- ALL Eligible candidates must attend ONE of the Candidates Meetings. FAILURE TO ATTEND will result in DISQUALIFICATION!
Please submit a Picture (Business Attire) and Bio (5 Bullet Points Only)
Student Government has the right to edit your Bio or Deny your Picture
- Candidates are STRONGLY ADVISED to submit campaign materials for approval as soon as possible after the candidates meeting by emailing Marcy De Prospero firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may submit a campaign video up to 15 seconds in length. Videos can be submitted to email@example.com.
Deadline to submit: Monday, March 22nd
Student Government has the right to deny posting the video
CANDIDATES' MEET AND GREET
- Thursday, March 25th 3:30pm-5:00pm via Zoom
ELECTIONS: Monday, April 5th 9:00 am through Wednesday, April 7th 5:00 pm via Cougarlink
ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT: Wednesday, April 7th 6:00 PM
- Will be posted to Office of Student Government Cougarlink Page, under News Articles. Election results will not be final until 24 hours after it concludes.
IF ELECTED, YOU MUST ATTEND THE FOLLOWING TRAININGS AND MEETINGS.
Failure to do so will result in removal from office.
EXECUTIVE BOARD WELCOME SESSION: Friday, April 16th 3:00pm-4:00pm (If you can not make this time, we will work with your schedule)
SENATOR WELCOME SESSION: Friday, April 16th 5:00pm-6:00pm
MANDATORY STUDENT GROUP LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE: June 3rd and 4th
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ALL TEAM TRAINING: Wednesday, August 25th through Friday, August 27th
All elected SO and GPSC Executive Board must attend. All dates/times/location subject to change.
STUDENT ORG EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETINGS: FRIDAYS 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- (All elected Student Org Executive Board Officers (including Class Presidents) must be available from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm on Fridays to attend regularly scheduled meetings. NO EXCEPTIONS!)
STUDENT ORG SENATOR MEETINGS:
- FRIDAYS 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm (All elected Executive Board Officers, Class Officers and Senators must be available from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm on Fridays to attend regularly scheduled meetings. NO EXCEPTIONS! Class Officers and Class Senators must also be available to attend their regularly scheduled class meetings)
EXECUTIVE BOARD OFFICE HOURS:
- All Student Org Executive Board (not Class Officers, except the Class President) are required to do office hours as outlined in the roles and responsibilities for the elected position. Executive Board Officers MAY be required to do office hours during the summer.
GPSC EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETINGS
- All elected GPSC Executive Board Officers must attend executive board meetings twice per month. Time/days: TBD.
GPSC SENATE MEETINGS: FRIDAYS 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- All elected GPSC Executive Board Officers/Senators must be available from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Fridays to attend regularly scheduled Senate meetings. Meetings occur once per month.
EXECUTIVE BOARD OFFICE HOURS:
- All GPSC Executive Board officers are required to do office hours as outlined in the roles and responsibilities for the elected position. Executive Board Officers MAY be required to do office hours during the summer.