University Registrar Announcements
Register for classes before May 15 and you will receive two additional entries into the drawing for three chances to win!
The Early Registration Incentive program is only available to undergraduate or graduate students who were enrolled at Kean during and prior to the Spring 2022 semester AND register with a full-time credit load in Fall 2022.
Here’s how it works:
- If you have not registered for the Fall 2022 semester, you should meet with your academic advisor, then register for your courses before the drawing deadline. Your advisors’ contacts are listed in your Success Team within the Advise Student Experience platform accessible here.
- If you register by the deadline, you will be entered into a drawing to win great prizes, including a VIP parking spot for the Fall semester, lunch with President Repollet, Kean gear/apparel, Barnes & Noble gift cards, and more. Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on registering for classes using the KeanWISE student portal.
If you have already registered for full-time classes for Fall 2022, you will automatically be entered into the drawing.
Stay on track towards graduation and don't wait until your preferred courses fill up. Register by June 15 and get the chance to win some great prizes!
If you have any questions, contact the One Stop Service Center at (908) 73-REGME or email@example.com.
If you have not done so, make sure to complete the following steps before registration:
- Receive academic advisement. Go to the Advise Student Experience platform to make an appointment with your advisor(s).
- Resolve any restrictions/holds placed on your account.
- Sign the Financial Obligation Agreement through the Student Planning link under the Academic Profile section in KeanWISE.
For step-by-step instructions on how to register classes, including how to complete the Financial Obligation Agreement, check out this video.
All full-time Kean students who register for a full-time course load of in-person classes before May 15 will be entered into a drawing for the chance to win great prizes as part of the University’s Early Registration Incentive program. Additional details coming soon!
As a reminder, the University is requiring all Kean students who attend in-person classes to submit a record showing they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please visit Kean's Immunizations webpage.
If you have any registration-related questions please contact the One Stop Service Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you a happy and successful rest of the semester!
With the Fall term wrapped up and our thoughts turning toward a well-deserved holiday break, we take this opportunity to offer best wishes for a safe, prosperous and restful holiday season.
The Office of the Registrar is committed to assisting you in a timely manner. The One Stop Service Center at Kean Union and Kean Ocean will be open throughout the holidays to offer in-person and remote services Monday - Friday.
|Week of December 20||M-Th: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (in person)
F: Closed 12/24
|Week of December 27||M-Th: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (remote only*)
F: Closed 12/31
|Week of January 3||M-F: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(return to regular office hours)
|M-Th: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
5 - 7 p.m. (remote only*)
F: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (in-person/remote*)
|December 23||Th: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (remote only*)|
|December 24 - 31||Closed|
|January 3||M: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (remote only*)|
(return to regular office hours)
|M-F: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
5 - 6 p.m. (remote only*)
* To connect with the One Stop Service Center virtually, request a call-back or video conference by joining the online queue.
- Log in to KeanWISE for all student service needs:
- Financial Aid:
- Complete the Kean University Foundation Scholarship Application online to be eligible for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Questions? Message our chatbot, Roary, located on the bottom of the One Stop Service Center webpage for 24/7 assistance.
Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday break. We look forward to helping you climb higher in 2022!
Only two weeks left for you to register for classes in time to participate in the University's Early Registration Incentive program!
All full-time Kean students who register for Spring 2022 classes by December 17 will be entered into a drawing for the chance to win great prizes, including a VIP parking spot for the Spring semester, lunch with President Repollet, Kean gear/apparel, Barnes & Noble gift cards, and more. Watch this video to learn more about the incentive.
Below please find several valuable University resources that may be helpful as you begin course planning and registration for the next term:
- One Stop Service Center - assists students with navigating Kean University and all registration-related questions. Contact: email@example.com or join the online queue to speak with a live representative.
- CAPS Academic Advising - assists Freshmen, Sophomore, Juniors, and Transfer students with their academic, professional, and campus engagement goals. Schedule an academic advising appointment with CAPS.
- Student Accounting - assists with questions concerning tuition bill payment, payment due dates, and enrolling in a payment plan.
- Financial Aid - assists with questions concerning financial aid awards and disbursements. Schedule an appointment with an aid advisor.
- Video tutorial on how to register for classes using the KeanWISE student portal.
- Spring 2022 Academic Calendar
All full-time Kean students who register for classes before December 17 will be entered into a drawing for the chance to win great prizes as part of the University's Early Registration Incentive program.
The Early Registration Incentive program is only available to undergraduate or graduate students who were enrolled at Kean during and prior to the Fall 2021 semester AND register with a full-time credit load in Spring 2022.
Here's how it works:
- If you have not registered for the Spring 2022 semester, you must meet with your academic advisor if you haven't already done so, then register for your courses before December 17. Your advisors' contacts are listed in your Success Team within the Advise Student Experience platform accessible here.
- If you register by the deadline, you will be entered into a drawing to win great prizes, including a VIP parking spot for the Spring semester, lunch with President Repollet, Kean gear/apparel, Barnes & Noble gift cards, and more. Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on registering for classes using the KeanWISE student portal.
If you have already registered for full-time classes for Spring 2022, you will automatically be entered into the drawing.
The University requires all Kean students who attend in-person classes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain a health or religious exemption from the vaccination requirement. Unvaccinated students who have not received an exemption are eligible to register for online courses only.
For more information about the vaccination requirement visit Student Health Services or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay on track towards graduation and don't wait until your preferred courses fill up. Register by December 17 and get the chance to win some great prizes!
Dear Kean Community,
Welcome to the Fall 2021 semester. Due to classes being canceled last week as a result of flooding from Hurricane Ida, the University is extending the Add/Drop deadline from today, September 7, 2021 to Monday, September 13, 2021. This will allow students extra time to make an informed decision on their Fall 2021 course schedule.
Please see the revised schedule below:
|Mon., Sept. 13||Last day to add a class|
|Mon., Sept. 13||Last day to drop with 100% refund and with no mark on academic record|
|Tue., Sept. 14||Mark of “W” begins for course withdrawals|
|Tue., Sept. 14||First day to withdraw with 75% refund|
|Tues., Sept. 21||Last day to withdraw with 75% refund|
|Wed., Sept. 22||First day to withdraw with 50% refund|
|Tue., Sept. 28||Last day to withdraw with 50% refund|
|Thur., Nov. 11||Last day to withdraw from courses with “W” grade (no refund)|
Consult the academic calendar for half-term course information, online course information, and additional dates and details.
We also want to take this opportunity to remind you that most Registrar services can be accessed online by visiting our webpage. The following is a list of the most frequently requested services:
- Office Hours and Contact Information
- Registration Information
- Forms and Policies
- Academic Calendar
- Change of Major/Minor
- Enrollment Verification
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Transcript Request
- Graduation Information/Application
- KeanWISE, which enables students, faculty and staff to perform the following: change of address; enrollment verification; pay your bill; payment schedule and due dates; pin/password retrieval; request transcripts; registration; view class schedule and program evaluation, and other services.
Registration for Summer and Fall 2021 begins next Tuesday, April 6!
Make sure you are ready for registration by doing the following:
- Schedule an academic advisement session with your advisor to help choose your classes and resolve the academic advisement hold.
- Resolve any other pending holds such as immunization records or financial obligation.
- Find your assigned registration date by viewing the Summer I & II and Fall 2021 registration schedules.
- Log in to KeanWISE to register for classes.
NOTE: KeanWISE has a new look! Click here for a step-by-step video tutorial on how to register for classes using the new Student Planning dashboard in KeanWISE. Click here for a live webinar today at 3:30 p.m. with a representative from the Office of the Registrar to walk you through the registration process using the Student Planning dashboard on KeanWISE.
We hope your semester is going great and we look forward to helping you get a jumpstart on the Summer and Fall terms.
The Summer and Fall 2021 terms are just around the corner, and we continue to work diligently to ensure that you are prepared for registration which starts on April 6th. We are excited to announce the launch of the new Student Planning dashboard on KeanWise and the start of Advisement Weeks on Monday, March 22.
The STUDENT PLANNING dashboard on KeanWise can track and plan your academic progress towards degree completion and will allow you to:
- Search and register for courses
- Create a plan for degree completion and graduation
- Communicate with your major advisor, and much more!
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on how to register for classes using Student Planning on KeanWISE.
ADVISEMENT WEEKS: Leading up to the start of registration, the Division of Student Success and Retention is offering a series of virtual workshops focused on student success-related topics. Advisement weeks begins on March 22 until April 1. During these weeks, you are encouraged to schedule an academic advisement session with your advisor and attend workshops for additional support. Click here to see a listing of workshops and access the meeting links. For more information and to get a complete listing of workshop offerings please contact the Division of Student Success and Retention at (908) 737-0323 or email email@example.com.
We hope your semester is going well and we look forward to helping you get a jumpstart on the Summer and Fall terms.
Office of the Registrar
Welcome to the Spring 2021 semester. We hope that you enjoyed the winter break in good health and that you are ready for a successful start to the new term.
The Office of the Registrar provides many services to students, faculty, staff and visitors, including graduation evaluation, name change request and residency change. Most of these services can be done online by visiting the Office of the Registrar webpage. The following is a list of the most frequently used links:
- KeanWISE which enables students, faculty and staff to perform the following: change of address; enrollment verification; pay your bill; payment schedule and due dates; pin/password retrieval; request transcripts; registration; view class schedule; and program evaluation, among other services.
Spring 2021 Term
The Spring session began on January 19 and ends on May 5. Some important Spring dates appear below. Consult the Academic Calendar for half-term course information, online course information and additional dates and details.
|Tue., Jan. 19||Term begins|
|Tue., Jan. 26||Last day to add|
|Tue., Jan. 26||Last day to drop with 100% refund and with no mark on academic record|
|Wed., Jan. 27||Mark of “W” begins for course withdrawals|
|Tue., Feb. 2||Last day to withdraw with a 75% refund|
|Tue., Feb. 2||Last day to declare a course as an audit|
|Tue., Feb. 2||Last day to declare or change undergraduate Pass/Fail option|
|Fri., Feb. 5||Final deadline for filing of May 2021 bachelor’s graduation application|
|Fri., Feb. 5||Last day to file application for May 2021 master’s degrees and graduate certification|
|Tue., Feb. 9||Last day to withdraw with at 50% refund|
|Fri., Feb. 12||
Lincoln’s Birthday—Classes meet
|Mon., Feb. 15
||Presidents’ Day—University closed|
|Sat., Feb. 27||Last day to file for March 7 graduate comprehensive examinations|
|Fri., Mar. 5||Deadline to file application for August 2021 bachelor's graduation application|
|Fri., Mar. 5||Deadline to file application for August 2021 master’s degrees and graduate certification|
|Sat., Mar. 6||Graduate comprehensive examinations|
|Tue., Mar. 23
||Last day to make up Incomplete grades from preceding Fall semester—Graduating students: see graduation instructions|
|Thu., Apr. 1||Last day to withdraw from courses with “W” grade (no refund)|
|Fri., Apr. 2 -
Sun., Apr. 4
|Easter recess—University closed (no classes on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)|
|Tue., Apr. 27 -
Wed., Apr. 28
|Research Days 2021|
|Tue., Apr. 27||Classes follow a Friday schedule—No Tuesday classes meet|
|Wed., Apr. 28||Classes follow a Monday schedule—No Wednesday classes meet|
|Thu., Apr. 29 -
Wed., May 5
|Exam Week (All classes meet as scheduled)|
|Wed., May 5||Term Ends|
We are happy to have you back and wish you a successful semester.
Office of the Registrar
Your pathway towards graduation is waiting! Our records indicate that you have not yet registered for the Spring 2021 term. Today, December 1 through Friday, December 11 we are hosting Spring 2021 Prep Weeks to help you take your next steps: make your faculty advisement appointment, register for Spring classes, meet with your financial aid counselor, and more. Staying on track is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Advisement: Make a virtual appointment with your faculty advisor through Kean Student Experience. Watch this brief video if you need assistance in navigating the platform. When you meet with your academic advisor, it is helpful to have the following on hand:
- Your Program Evaluation - can be accessed through KeanWISE
- A list of 5 courses in your degree program that you want to enroll in for Spring 2021
- 1-2 additional "safety" courses in case one of your preferred courses is already filled
- Registration: After meeting with your advisor, register for Spring 2021 classes via KeanWISE. This video offers step-by-step instructions for course registration in KeanWISE.
- Financial Aid: If there have been changes to your financial situation due to COVID-19, schedule a virtual meeting with your financial aid counselor who can provide you with information to update your FAFSA.
If you have a hold that is preventing you from registering for classes, please access KeanWISE and click on the "Student Restrictions" link under the "Academic Profile" menu to identify the type of hold on your account. Once identified, contact the corresponding student service office to resolve the hold. Click here to see a listing of account holds and their corresponding office.
We support you on this journey. We are here with you virtually every step of the way. Roary is Kean University's 24/7 chatbot who is trained to answer general registration, financial aid, scholarships, or student support questions. Chat with Roary by visiting the One Stop Service Center webpage.
If you have any specific questions about your student record or registration, click here to join the online queue and connect with a One Stop Service representative today. Happy December!
Office of the Registrar
The One Stop Service Center is excited to introduce two new customer service platforms that will assist us in providing a timely, more efficient service to Kean students as we transition to remote learning.
QLess is our new online queuing system that will allow students to wait in a virtual line rather than a physical line when seeking assistance from the University One Stop Service Center. You can join the One Stop virtual line during business hours by using one of the following methods:
- Scan the QR code
- Click on this link from a mobile device or computer
Upon joining the virtual line, you will be prompted to select either a Call Back or Video Conference. You will receive text messages alerting you of your status in “line." When you get to the front of the "line," a One Stop representative will call you by phone or video conference based on what you selected as a call-back preference. Click here for a step-by-step guide to using QLess.
Roary is Kean University’s chatbot who can assist you by answering any registration, financial aid, scholarship or student support questions you may have 24/7. You can chat with Roary via the Kean One Stop Service Center page. When you access our page, Roary will pop up to assist:
You've made it to the halfway point of the semester! It's time to start preparing for Winter and Spring 2021.
Before you register:
- Check the Winter / Spring 2021 registration calendar to find out when you are eligible to register.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss next steps and identify courses you will need to register for the upcoming semester.
- Resolve any pending holds or financial obligations. To view holds that will prevent you from enrolling in classes, log on to your KeanWISE account.
After you register:
- Check your class schedule on KeanWISE to confirm enrollment.
- Access Blackboard to check for course syllabi and assignments.
- For important University announcements register for Campus Alert.
If you have any questions, please contact the One Stop Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you continued success this semester.
Office of the Registrar