University Registrar Announcements
Registration for Summer and Fall 2021 begins next Tuesday, April 6!
Make sure you are ready for registration by doing the following:
- Schedule an academic advisement session with your advisor to help choose your classes and resolve the academic advisement hold.
- Resolve any other pending holds such as immunization records or financial obligation.
- Find your assigned registration date by viewing the Summer I & II and Fall 2021 registration schedules.
- Log in to KeanWISE to register for classes.
NOTE: KeanWISE has a new look! Click here for a step-by-step video tutorial on how to register for classes using the new Student Planning dashboard in KeanWISE. Click here for a live webinar today at 3:30 p.m. with a representative from the Office of the Registrar to walk you through the registration process using the Student Planning dashboard on KeanWISE.
We hope your semester is going great and we look forward to helping you get a jumpstart on the Summer and Fall terms.
Office of the Registrar
The Summer and Fall 2021 terms are just around the corner, and we continue to work diligently to ensure that you are prepared for registration which starts on April 6th. We are excited to announce the launch of the new Student Planning dashboard on KeanWise and the start of Advisement Weeks on Monday, March 22.
The STUDENT PLANNING dashboard on KeanWise can track and plan your academic progress towards degree completion and will allow you to:
- Search and register for courses
- Create a plan for degree completion and graduation
- Communicate with your major advisor, and much more!
Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on how to register for classes using Student Planning on KeanWISE.
ADVISEMENT WEEKS: Leading up to the start of registration, the Division of Student Success and Retention is offering a series of virtual workshops focused on student success-related topics. Advisement weeks begins on March 22 until April 1. During these weeks, you are encouraged to schedule an academic advisement session with your advisor and attend workshops for additional support. Click here to see a listing of workshops and access the meeting links. For more information and to get a complete listing of workshop offerings please contact the Division of Student Success and Retention at (908) 737-0323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope your semester is going well and we look forward to helping you get a jumpstart on the Summer and Fall terms.
Office of the Registrar
Welcome to the Spring 2021 semester. We hope that you enjoyed the winter break in good health and that you are ready for a successful start to the new term.
The Office of the Registrar provides many services to students, faculty, staff and visitors, including graduation evaluation, name change request and residency change. Most of these services can be done online by visiting the Office of the Registrar webpage. The following is a list of the most frequently used links:
- KeanWISE which enables students, faculty and staff to perform the following: change of address; enrollment verification; pay your bill; payment schedule and due dates; pin/password retrieval; request transcripts; registration; view class schedule; and program evaluation, among other services.
Spring 2021 Term
The Spring session began on January 19 and ends on May 5. Some important Spring dates appear below. Consult the Academic Calendar for half-term course information, online course information and additional dates and details.
|Tue., Jan. 19||Term begins|
|Tue., Jan. 26||Last day to add|
|Tue., Jan. 26||Last day to drop with 100% refund and with no mark on academic record|
|Wed., Jan. 27||Mark of “W” begins for course withdrawals|
|Tue., Feb. 2||Last day to withdraw with a 75% refund|
|Tue., Feb. 2||Last day to declare a course as an audit|
|Tue., Feb. 2||Last day to declare or change undergraduate Pass/Fail option|
|Fri., Feb. 5||Final deadline for filing of May 2021 bachelor’s graduation application|
|Fri., Feb. 5||Last day to file application for May 2021 master’s degrees and graduate certification|
|Tue., Feb. 9||Last day to withdraw with at 50% refund|
|Fri., Feb. 12||
Lincoln’s Birthday—Classes meet
|Mon., Feb. 15
||Presidents’ Day—University closed|
|Sat., Feb. 27||Last day to file for March 7 graduate comprehensive examinations|
|Fri., Mar. 5||Deadline to file application for August 2021 bachelor's graduation application|
|Fri., Mar. 5||Deadline to file application for August 2021 master’s degrees and graduate certification|
|Sat., Mar. 6||Graduate comprehensive examinations|
|Tue., Mar. 23
||Last day to make up Incomplete grades from preceding Fall semester—Graduating students: see graduation instructions|
|Thu., Apr. 1||Last day to withdraw from courses with “W” grade (no refund)|
|Fri., Apr. 2 -
Sun., Apr. 4
|Easter recess—University closed (no classes on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)|
|Tue., Apr. 27 -
Wed., Apr. 28
|Research Days 2021|
|Tue., Apr. 27||Classes follow a Friday schedule—No Tuesday classes meet|
|Wed., Apr. 28||Classes follow a Monday schedule—No Wednesday classes meet|
|Thu., Apr. 29 -
Wed., May 5
|Exam Week (All classes meet as scheduled)|
|Wed., May 5||Term Ends|
We are happy to have you back and wish you a successful semester.
Office of the Registrar
Your pathway towards graduation is waiting! Our records indicate that you have not yet registered for the Spring 2021 term. Today, December 1 through Friday, December 11 we are hosting Spring 2021 Prep Weeks to help you take your next steps: make your faculty advisement appointment, register for Spring classes, meet with your financial aid counselor, and more. Staying on track is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Advisement: Make a virtual appointment with your faculty advisor through Kean Student Experience. Watch this brief video if you need assistance in navigating the platform. When you meet with your academic advisor, it is helpful to have the following on hand:
- Your Program Evaluation - can be accessed through KeanWISE
- A list of 5 courses in your degree program that you want to enroll in for Spring 2021
- 1-2 additional "safety" courses in case one of your preferred courses is already filled
- Registration: After meeting with your advisor, register for Spring 2021 classes via KeanWISE. This video offers step-by-step instructions for course registration in KeanWISE.
- Financial Aid: If there have been changes to your financial situation due to COVID-19, schedule a virtual meeting with your financial aid counselor who can provide you with information to update your FAFSA.
If you have a hold that is preventing you from registering for classes, please access KeanWISE and click on the "Student Restrictions" link under the "Academic Profile" menu to identify the type of hold on your account. Once identified, contact the corresponding student service office to resolve the hold. Click here to see a listing of account holds and their corresponding office.
We support you on this journey. We are here with you virtually every step of the way. Roary is Kean University's 24/7 chatbot who is trained to answer general registration, financial aid, scholarships, or student support questions. Chat with Roary by visiting the One Stop Service Center webpage.
If you have any specific questions about your student record or registration, click here to join the online queue and connect with a One Stop Service representative today. Happy December!
Office of the Registrar
The One Stop Service Center is excited to introduce two new customer service platforms that will assist us in providing a timely, more efficient service to Kean students as we transition to remote learning.
QLess is our new online queuing system that will allow students to wait in a virtual line rather than a physical line when seeking assistance from the University One Stop Service Center. You can join the One Stop virtual line during business hours by using one of the following methods:
- Scan the QR code
- Click on this link from a mobile device or computer
Upon joining the virtual line, you will be prompted to select either a Call Back or Video Conference. You will receive text messages alerting you of your status in “line." When you get to the front of the "line," a One Stop representative will call you by phone or video conference based on what you selected as a call-back preference. Click here for a step-by-step guide to using QLess.
Roary is Kean University’s chatbot who can assist you by answering any registration, financial aid, scholarship or student support questions you may have 24/7. You can chat with Roary via the Kean One Stop Service Center page. When you access our page, Roary will pop up to assist:
You've made it to the halfway point of the semester! It's time to start preparing for Winter and Spring 2021.
Before you register:
- Check the Winter / Spring 2021 registration calendar to find out when you are eligible to register.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss next steps and identify courses you will need to register for the upcoming semester.
- Resolve any pending holds or financial obligations. To view holds that will prevent you from enrolling in classes, log on to your KeanWISE account.
After you register:
- Check your class schedule on KeanWISE to confirm enrollment.
- Access Blackboard to check for course syllabi and assignments.
- For important University announcements register for Campus Alert.
If you have any questions, please contact the One Stop Service Center at email@example.com.
We wish you continued success this semester.
Office of the Registrar