CSPP Summer Scholars Program 2022
Application for CSPP Summer Scholar Program 2022 is closed.
The Consortium of Scientists for Pandemic Preparedness (CSPP) is pleased to offer the second annual CSPP Summer Scholars Program. Through on-site research experiences as well as online instruction, CSPP plans to offer selected Kean students the opportunity to conduct a research project in the lab of one of our prominent members of the Consortium in the summer of 2022. The goals of this Program are:
- To enhance student understanding of the scientific and clinical tools deployed to assess and mitigate the spread of infectious diseases and prevent epidemic and pandemic spread;
- To provide meaningful, mentoring interactions between student participants and scientists and clinicians involved with pandemic related research and practice;
- To stimulate interest in pursuing a career in the sciences and/or medicine.
In support of this unique experience and through the generous support of Kean University, CSPP plans to offer up to five students:
- A $3,500 stipend for the 8-week summer research experience plus travel and room and board at partner institution if necessary.
- Participation in a Career Preparation series, an online series of instructional sessions to help prepare them for becoming professional scientists.
- Participation in the Summer Seminar Series, an online series of lectures by recognized experts related to pandemics and the science behind mitigating them
- Kean student pursuing a major in a STEM discipline who is interested in conducting research in pandemic research
- Completed at least 1 year of work at Kean (minimum of 30 credits) with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Completed online application (name, contact information, standing (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior), GPA, department/major (if declared)
- 1 letter of recommendation (to be uploaded securely to website or could be scanned in)
- Official transcript (uploaded to website)
- Essay (one page limit) describing their interest in conducting research on pandemics (uploaded to site)
Interested students may submit their application online by February 21, 2022. We anticipate interviewing students in February with the announcement of the summer scholars by March.